Deistic Academy (Multi Pantheon Advanced RP) discussion

vi. dormitories > violet ;; silas and dante

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 254 comments Mod
<< pictures to be added of dante's side >>

message 2: by Benny Boot (last edited May 11, 2018 06:38AM) (new)

Benny Boot (bennyboot) | 226 comments Silas' Side(view spoiler)

dante's side
(view spoiler)

@cosmic
Parties were a little difficult to hold in the dorm rooms alone so the typical gathering he had was more a kickback in his room. Upwards of about five to six people showed up, some of them slept on the floor or they stumbled out late at night. Tonight was a lot calmer than most, he sat on his bed, back against the wall next to someone he'd been hanging out with quite a bite lately. His name was Khalid, Dante liked to call him "Dj Khalid," on occasion. More often than not they hardly spoke, they smoked together, passing a joint between one another as they vibed to some music and blocked out the world. Dante could tell Khalid had some demons, but he wasn't really the type to pry, not that he'd ever actually know how to anyways. A bass sat in his lap and he idly strummed at it, sighing to himself wistfully.

message 5: by cosmic (new)

cosmic (erosful) | 135 comments

The joint hanging in between his lips did nothing to distract him of the presence beside him. Dante wasn't a horrible person by any means; Khalid very much enjoyed his company. It's just that around this time of a party — where the few people that had been invited already left — Khalid would be very-much stoned and he wasn't yet, all because he was too focused on paying attention to other male and his bass rather than his nightly pleasures.

Taking the joint out of his mouth and into his fingers, he eyed Dante's fingers as they strummed over the strings of the guitar, caressing them to let out an idle tune. It wasn't one that Khalid had heard before, and it made him tilt his head. "What're you playing?" he asked, voice thick with smoke.

Dante kept at his strumming and slowly turned to meet Khalid's gaze, eyes a little glossy but otherwise he looked mostly sober. He nodded, glancing at the wisps of smoke as they traveled through the pale lavender and red lights that broke through the window from the street outside. "uh... I don't really know. Kinda just let my hands show me where to go with them. I think it's a song I've been workin on, probably" he chuckled to himself. "There are words to it too, kinda remember em kinda don't. You know the deal" he added.

message 7: by cosmic (new)

He hummed in response, even though he really didn't know the deal. Whatever. He'll figure it out another time. Khalid's eyes lifted from Dante's hands to his own gaze, staring into them for a few moments, then looking back down at the joint in his fingers. He passed it over to Dante wordlessly, then looked to his other side. The room was nice, unlike Khalid's dorm which had papers strewn across the floor, his keyboard jammed into a corner, and way too many cigarettes lying around. Whatever.

He turned his gaze back to Dante, whom went back to playing. Khalid found the pads of his fingers thumping against the headboard in a rhythmic tone to compliment the bass, though it was an almost unconscious action.

The corner of his lips perked up and he quietly began to sing, though it was more on the rap side of things as he was typically the more free style type of guy. He stopped, taking a drag of the joint and pausing to hold it out to Khalid, glancing at his arms, ".. Where'd you get that tats on your shoulder?" he asked curiously, reaching out and suddenly brushing the back of his hand against it, trying to decipher the meaning behind it - if there even was one at all.

message 9: by cosmic (new)

On instinct, Khalid sucked in a sharp breath, but tried to brush it off by taking the joint. He looked down at his shoulder, visible with his black tank-top. He'd originally worn a denim jacket over it, but that ended up in a heap on the floor beside the bed. "Some parlor in Ohio," he answered, shrugging. Khalid took a drag from the joint, then continued to look at his tattoos. All of them had been a growing collection since he turned seventeen, and some of them had meaning to it. Others were just from plain boredom. On his right shoulder he had a curled up snake, and on his left shoulder he had a mandala flower.

<< the song he sang was prolly like 3005 or somethin lol >>

Dante studied it closely and traced the scales of the snake with his index finger, nodding slowly, "What's this one mean?" he asked, glancing up to meet his gaze again as the low beat from his stereo thrummed on, not quite loud enough to make it to the foreground. He was far too distracted to care about what was playing though.

message 12: by cosmic (new)

((oh okey))

"Some stupid shit like, 'I can carry the weight that the snakes of the world bring me'. I was really philosophical after I broke up with my girlfriend," he answered with a bitter chuckle. Khalid watched silently as Dante trailed his finger along his shoulder, afraid to even take in a deep breath. "Do you plan on getting any?" he asked, looking up from his shoulder, brown eyes trying to search for Dante's gaze.

"a girlfriend? Probably not" he mumbled, blinking faintly when he realized he'd answered the question wrong, "Uh.. tattoos? Shit.. Well I guess maybe, it'd be a cool thing to do..." his eyes flicked up from where they'd rested along Khalid's lips and met his gaze again. He rather quickly looked away though, ".. You know what would be kinda cool though... if you gave me a tattoo" he suddenly smirked.

message 14: by cosmic (new)

His first answer riled up a bark of laughter from Khalid. He hunched over, his hand gripping on to the closest item to keep from falling off the bed, which happened to be Dante's thigh. When he calmed down, still slightly shaking from small chuckles, he listened to what the other boy had to say, then slowly nodded. "It is... It's just, they're addictive, y'know?" Khalid told him, shrugging. His first tattoo had been a hand with two fingers crossed on his arm, followed by a bird on the back of his neck, and a yin and yang symbol on his wrist.

"What? Me? Give you a tattoo?" Khalid asked incredulously. He'd never given anybody a tattoo before, and if Dante asked for one, he'd punch himself if he messed it up.

Dante glanced down at the hand on his thigh and found himself swallowing harshly. Sometimes their relationship teetered dangerously into "no homo" zone and he often had to consult the mini "broble" that lingered at the back of his mind. Was this gay? No. Probably not. Maybe? Did it matter? He wasn't sure.

"Well yeah, we could put it on my back or... leg or somethin, even if it's shit, it's still somethin. It might even be better if it's shit" he teased, grinning faintly and taking another hit of the joint that was already getting pretty small.

message 16: by cosmic (new)

((dante is a phat mood))

Khalid moved his hand from Dante's thigh and back to his side. "Well, shit, dude. I'd have to buy some supplies," he said with another shrug. He was still reeling over the fact that Dante asked him for a tattoo, when he wasn't even much of an artist in the first place.

He found himself looking at Dante, glossed eyes roaming any possible aspect of his facial features. He was one of Khalid's first friends when the boy trudged in through the academy doors, and they were close even now. Yet, there was something missing, and it was a pressing feeling. Khalid looked away, reaching for the joint to finish it off.

message 17: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), void boy (last edited May 11, 2018 09:36PM) (new)

mood is dante's middle name

Dante glanced down at the joint and shifted a bit, "Yo yo it's the last hit" he said quickly, holding it still and raising his brows, "We gotta play rock, paper scissors or somethin for it or like... share it?" he stopped himself, blinking faintly at his own thought. He swore he was far more thought than he stoned he was. Either way, he held the joint there betwixt two fingers, waiting on Khalid expectantly.

message 18: by cosmic (new)

"Let's do rock, paper, scissors then. I'll win. Bet." Khalid shifted away from the wall to sit cross-legged in front of Dante. He really didn't care who had the last hit; he just wanted to stall time. Once they finished off the joint, that meant that Khalid would go back to his dorm and sleep for the night, and so he wanted to do anything possibly to stay with Dante for a bit more. He outstretched his hand in the distance between them, waiting for the other boy to respond to their game. "Go only once? Or two out of three?"

message 19: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), void boy (last edited May 11, 2018 09:56PM) (new)

Dante blinked and nodded, holding his hand out. He guessed they were going to shotgun it, though... he was pretty sure that was a major violation of bro code. He didn't press it. "Uh... all or nothin, one shot" he said firmly. He watched expectantly, a smirk on his lips.

message 20: by cosmic (new)

((imma just let dante win cause he's precious))

A silly grin found its way to his face as he nodded. "All or nothing," he echoed, then began moving his hand up and down, chanting, "Rock, paper, scissors." Normally, Khalid goes for paper because he's learned that often, people choose rock, so he'd win. However, he chose rock this time, and to his surprise, Dante had gone with paper. "Shit." Planting a defeated look on his face, he fell back on the bed, sighing exasperatedly.

(lmao)
Dante raised his brows and stared down at the lit joint, clearing his throat and chuckling as he leaned against the wall, "... shoulda gone with paper dude.." he trailed and bit the inside of his cheek, eyes drawing off to the side. He wondered if Khalid would think differently of him if he did press it. But he was impulsive, he was reckless. He'd do it and think about it later. "You sure you don't wanna share bro?" he spoke up suddenly. It wouldn't technically be kissing. Just passing smoke. That's all.

message 22: by cosmic (new)

"Yeah, should've gone with paper," he agreed, nodding his head. Still sprawled on Dante's bed, he looked up at the boy, whom was currently looking unsure. Khalid could only wave his hand at him and say, "Don't worry about it dude. Have at it. I should get going anyways." With that said, he needed to find his shoes. At some point during the night, he kicked them off his feet but hadn't seen where they landed. Khalid turned his head to look at the floor, eyes squinting to adjust with the lighting of the room.

His gaze dropped and he felt his heart sink into his stomach. Jeez he really shouldn't have pressed it - that was the dumbest choice he could have made. He resisted the urge to press his palms to his forehead and grumble bitterly, watching Khalid go and taking the hit quickly, holding it for a few moments before opening his mouth and immediately beginning to cough. "Y-Yo yo, you can stay dude, your dorm's all the way down the block, it's dark as fuck out there, what if someone actually shanks your high ass?" he teased, though weakly, his gaze drifting away. Perhaps in shame.

message 24: by cosmic (new)

Khalid resorted to rolling off the bed to rummage the floor for his shoes. By the time he located them, Dante had a coughing fit that easily concerned Khalid. He shot up from the floor to look at the friend and wait until he stopped coughing. When he mentioned about staying, Khalid tilted his head and looked at the other side of the dorm. "Awe, Dante is worried. But seriously, your 'mate won't mind?" he asked, still not too sure if he should stay. He should've been a bit worried to go back to his dorm, seeing as whatever kind of power he had wasn't much help if he got into trouble.

He felt relief in Khalid's questions. Maybe he thought too much, maybe he didn't think enough. But Khalid was clearly considering it, which meant that he hadn't taken the shotgun offer any other way. Dante shouldn't have been either - because it clearly wasn't meant any other way - so it didn't bother either of them. Good. Yeah. Great.

He shook his head, "Silas? Nah, dude's a homie. As long as we don't make too much noise or... break shit, he wont bother us, if he's even here. Besides, it's my room, he'll just uh.. knock if he needs anything" he shrugged and glanced at the door to the conjoining room. The wall was rather thin, but he figured it didn't matter much.

message 26: by cosmic (new)

He nodded, a small smirk fitting to his face. Dante wanted him to stay, regardless if it was because of his worries. He dropped his tattered shoes on the floor beside the bed, then moved his hands to shove them in the back pockets of his jeans, his face dropping to a straight line. "I, uh, I'll take the floor," Khalid said, gaze trailing up from his feet to meet Dante's.

"You going to sleep... now?" If he was, then Khalid would as well, just so that he could avoid making any noise. If that Silas dude was a scaredy-cat, then Khalid did not want to be perceived as a murderer that snuck into Dante's dorm.

Dante stared down at the floor and frowned, ".. you.. don't have to" he mumbled, it was hardly audible though. He bit the inside of his cheek and shook his head, "I might pass out but... I ain't that tired right now." he admitted. He pulled his knees up to his chest and stared out the window.

".. You know I still don't feel like I'm any closer to findin out who the fuck I am than when I got here." he suddenly spoke, the wooziness of the high wearing off a bit. Though he liked to party, the quiet moments of nostalgic contemplation just after a kickback, those were his favorite parts.

message 28: by cosmic (new)

He nodded once more, then lowered himself into a squat before falling to the floor with a grunt. He reached out for a spare pillow on Dante's bed, then shoved it under his back for comfort. "Once the high passes over, I'll probably be out," Khalid told him, looking up to keep eye contact with him.

There was a moment of silence, enough that Khalid could hear the thud of his own heartbeat, when Dante spoke up and caught Khalid by surprise. "I mean... you're in Violet, so that's gotta be a clue, right?" he prompted, trying to sound a little bit remorseful. Khalid didn't care much about 'finding his true self', whatever that bullshit was. Did it really mean anything? No, because once he dies, he'll just reincarnate again and the cycle with always stay the same.

".. yeah.. I guess. I'm probably some Greek douche" he muttered, gazing down at Khalid and the length of him sprawled out along the floor. He felt bad for having him sleep there. "what about you? You think you're gettin any closer?" he asked. This was the most they'd spoken in days. He enjoyed the silence sure but.. he liked hearing Khalid's voice.

message 30: by cosmic (new)

A scoff fell from his lips at the use of the word 'douche'. Khalid sat up, then muttered, "Dude, you're the furthest thing from douche." It sounded like he screamed it in his head, but he was convinced his own thoughts wanted him to scream. How is it that Dante could just... see himself as anything but a great guy.

"Nah. And honestly, I don't want to know who I am. We're just going to reincarnate again and have to figure the whole thing out all over again," he answered honestly, shrugging. For a moment, Khalid flexed his fingers, almost as if he was missing something from his hands. It was a habit he created at seventeen when he was looking for a cigarette in particular. "Got any cigs on you? I think I left my pack at home."

Dante gazed at him in concern, "... come on khally... cigarettes kill" he scolded, though seemed genuinely concerned, shaking his head. "Don't smoke em myself.. and I mean if you look at it that way, you miss the whole damn point. Just cause we die in the end doesn't make the journey any less worth livin for. And I..." he stopped himself, looking away with a small huff. I really care about the you that you are now he thought privately, biting the inside of his cheek.

message 32: by cosmic (new)

"What happened to DJ Khalid?" he teased, eyes crinkling as a grin found its way to his face. Even if the whole ordeal was just poking fun, he actually did like the pet-name. But Khalid wouldn't say that. No, instead he turns his head to stare blankly at the ceiling. His fingers were still flexing, but he shoved them into the pocket of his jeans to subdue them.

He listened intently to what Dante said, then shrugged dramatically, his shoulders nudging the skin under his ears. "If you think about it like that, then yeah, the 'journey' would be worth living for. I'm just... I'm not for the trouble, I guess. I'll just live my life out, and maybe I'll find out a lot sooner in another lifetime. For now, I couldn't care less," Khalid answered, only to shrug again.

He laid down, staring up at the ceiling and frowning as he felt his chest ache. ".. I care." he admitted suddenly, gripping the edge of the blanket and taking a deep breath. "Cause I.. I don't know about you but man I don't remember anything about the others lives I've had which means.. I ain't the same person I was before bein who I am now which... which means that you just dying.. you'd.. not be you again and.. I like you now." he explained, his sentences a bit broken, nervous. He was flustered.

message 34: by cosmic (new)

Khalid felt like a puppet on strings as he scoot closer to the bottom of the bed, his hand propping on the duvet and taking a hold of Dante's. "Dude, calm down," he whispered, unsure if he was telling himself that or telling Dante that.

He'd understood every word that Dante had said through his stammering and stuttering, and devoured it like he would a flask of alcohol, but the words settled unkindly at the bottom of his stomach. Khalid sat up from the floor, his grip on Dante's hand slipping. "Yeah... I like you now too... Y'know, as a friend." As soon as the word 'friend' was in the air, Khalid let his hand drop back down to his side, his gaze boring into the floor beneath him.

Dante felt his face warm when Khalid's hand met his own. He turned to face Khalid, eyes flickering over his features, lips slightly parted as though words hung from them, unspoken. But when he heard the word "friend," he was pulled back into reality, shaken from his reverie. "U-Uh yeah... that's..." he went silent, turning his back to Khalid and hugging his pillow tightly to his chest, ".. good" he whispered.

It wasn't good. It wasn't good at all, it was the opposite of good actually.

message 36: by cosmic (new)

"Mhm... Good," Khalid muttered, his gaze flickering from the floor to his shoes. Without another word — the only audible sound being the rapid beat of his heart — he reached for his shoes and began to put them on. He shouldn't and couldn't stay another second with Dante. It gave him the wrong feeling just being there; it was a feeling he couldn't comprehend, no matter how hard he tried. Once his shoes were on, Khalid shifted on the floor to grab his jacket, slipping his arms through.

He stood up from the floor, keeping his gaze trained on everything else but Dante. "I- I gotta go. See you around, 'Te," he said, then made a move towards the door.

He sat up as Khalid moved, staring up at him with wide eyes and reaching up to scratch at the scruff along his chin, ".. I-I uh.. Khalid really I didn't.. I'm not... That ain't what I'm about" he chuckled awkwardly, weakly, sadly, clearing his throat to try and avoid any cracks in his voice. "R-Really though was it somethin I said? I didn't mean to.." he looked down shamefully, going completely silent. There was nothing he could say about it. He really wasn't making this any easier on himself.

message 38: by cosmic (new)

Alarmed, he looked over his shoulder at the worried Dante, his hand frozen on the doorknob. Even through Dante's stammering, Khalid knew exactly what the boy was saying. 'I'm sorry. I can't stay. It's not you, it's never you, just always me me me.' Only, he can't help but smile. It's a pitiful one, where the word "sorry" is practically painted into the brown of his eyes.

The smile falters as he mutters, "Nah, you didn't do anything. Your floor is just stiff as fuck, and you look tired. I don't want to disturb you." Khalid huffs, then pushes the door open, stepping out into the hallway without another word from his lips or a look over his shoulder. The second he closes the door behind him, a loud sigh resides from him, and every cell inside him is telling him to turn around. Instead, Khalid begins to walk out of the Violet building.

Dante felt his heart sink in his chest and he gripped the edge of the bed. He resisted the urge to go after Khalid. But there was nothing to say. There was nothing he could have possibly said to bring him back without being gay about it. Without crossing a line and doing more damage than he already had.

So he laid back down, closing his eyes and sighing to himself. He'd royally fucked that up.

<< do you wanna do a timeskip of some sort or?

message 40: by cosmic (new)

((yah sure... to where?))

<< i have no idea? maybe to Khalid's dorm? >>

message 42: by cosmic (new)

((he doesn't have one yet...))

<< oh right yeah, cause he doesn't have a roommate. I could just make him one but keep him open for a roommate?

message 44: by cosmic (new)

((sure. would they be partying again, or just chilling?))

<< mmm we could say it's just after a party? maybe a week or so later?

message 46: by cosmic (new)

((sounds good))