What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Battle for the Castle (The Castle in the Attic, #2)
This topic is about The Battle for the Castle
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA about a young boy (teen?) who gets trapped and is surrounded by evil rats that are afraid of the sunlight. Possible Spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CJ (new)

CJ Lemons | 3 comments So what I remember is a young boy gets trapped in some sort of structure or location surrounded by evil rats that won't go near sunlight. (view spoiler) I also remember there being something about a ship at the very end that was full of more rats and possibly it ended up on fire, not sure.

I honestly don't remember much else. I know it had to be at least 15 years ago when I read it.

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah kjos (kjosr) | 4 comments Not sure but it kind of sounds like the Whipping Boy? The rats don't come in until later though so IDK if that's the right title.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Rebekah, are you thinking of The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman?

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments Found this via Google. The Dark Portal by Robin Jarvis. First of the Deptford Mice trilogy. I also initially thought of "The Whipping Boy," but there's no king rat in that one.

message 5: by CJ (new)

CJ Lemons | 3 comments Hmm, neither sound right. I'm fairly certain it was a boy, or could have been a girl, not a mouse.

Nachelle | 154 comments I'm pretty positive this is The Battle for the Castle by Elizabeth Winthrop.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
The Battle for the Castle by Elizabeth Winthrop - Nachelle's suggestion

message 8: by CJ (new)

CJ Lemons | 3 comments Hey! That's it! Thank you very much Nachelle!