The Humour Club discussion

Books > The Fault in Our Stars....Parody?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki | 3512 comments Mod
Look out behind you, Steve! I see an angry mob of teenage girls with torches and pitchforks.

Best of luck with your book (and staying alive).

message 2: by Steve (last edited Jul 29, 2014 02:24AM) (new)

Steve | 3 comments Ha! I for one think that teenage girls are perfectly capable of laughing at what they like.

Thanks,
Steve

message 3: by Melki (new)

Melki | 3512 comments Mod
I hope so. Still...be careful out there.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve | 3 comments Will do!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Shiroff | 840 comments Love it! I just put it in my "to read" list. But I'm with Melki on this one--my daughter read the book once and saw the movie three times (with full a full box of tissues in tow for each one). That text is sacred with her. I wish I was smart enough to invent an app that would put a faux book cover on an ebook.

message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve | 3 comments Just hold the ebook really high up so she can't see.

message 7: by Joel (new)

Joel Bresler | 1545 comments Mod
Or send her to the movies again.

message 8: by R. (new)

R. Webb (mindattic) | 18 comments If you pour salt around your house and sacrifice a One Direction CD, you might be able keep the teenage girls at bay for a bit. But not for long. I haven't been a teenager for quite a while, but I could try and infiltrate their ranks and try and inform you when they're planning their attack. I can cobble together a current teenage persona from my vague knowledge of current slang and the mid to late nineties slang I used back when I was a teenage girl. "Let's get jiggy at that rave, Yoloers!"