The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Book Tags > BookTag: Unpopular Opinions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited May 30, 2018 10:45AM) (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
Today's book tag is the Unpopular Opinions tag created by BookArcher on Youtube.

Let's get straight into the questions:

A popular book you hated: Panic

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: I honestly can't think of an answer right now...

An OTP that everyone except you seems to ship: Rowaelin (I prefer them as friends :/)

A popular genre you rarely reach for: Comtemporary

A popular character you don't like: Aelin (don't kill me! I loved her as Celaena, but now she's all badass no personality :/)

A popular author you can’t seem to get into: John Green

A popular trope you’re tired of seeing: "Girl keeps going on about herself being ugly when she's clearly not"

A popular series you have no interest in reading: Game of Thrones

Movie adaptation that was better than the book: The Maze Runner

This was so much fun!
I wanna see your answers to these questions below!

Lora (on hiatus) | 106 comments A popular book you hated: The Fault in My Stars

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: Ummm... Twilight?

An OTP that everyone except you seems to ship: I don't think I have one..

A popular genre you rarely reach for: Thriller

A popular character you don't like: Chaol Westfall

A popular author you can’t seem to get into: Maggie Stiefvater

A popular trope you’re tired of seeing: "The Unqualified Protagonist Succeeding Above Overly Qualified Supporting Characters"

A popular series you have no interest in reading: Children of Blood and Bone

Movie adaptation that was better than the book: The Maze Runner

message 3: by Cyn (new)

Cyn A popular book you hated: A Court of Thorns and Roses (can I stab my eyes now?)

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: Daniel X series by James Patterson

An OTP that everyone except you seems to ship: Gareki and Nai from Karneval (an anime, first couple to come to mind)

A popular genre you rarely reach for: 'hard' sci-fi, horror, and contemporary

A popular character you don't like: Scarlett Dragna

A popular author you can’t seem to get into: Maggie Stiefvater

A popular trope you’re tired of seeing: hmmm, not sure. I'm sick of stupid main female characters, if that counts

A popular series you have no interest in reading: Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and Throne of Glass

Movie adaptation that was better than the book: The Princess Diaries

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments A popular book you hated: I didn't really hate it, but I didn't get the hype for ACOMAF

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: Insurgent. It's my favourite in the Divergent trilogy. Also The Last Star (3rd in The 5th Wave trilogy).

An OTP that everyone except you seems to ship: Cress and Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles. And Rowan and Aelin from ToG.

A popular genre you hardly reach for: Contemporary

A popular character you don't like: Rhysand

A popular author you can't seem to get into: I don't have one, if I don't like the first few books I've read by an author, I don't read any other books by them.

A popular trope you're tired of seeing: "The Chosen One": A female MC in YA fantasy who considers themselves oh so normal but is destined to save the world plus all the boys fall for her

A popular series you have no interest in reading: A Darker Shade of Magic, The Raven Cycle

Movie adaptation that was better than the book: It's actually a tv show, but The 100

message 5: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments Anni wrote: "A popular book you hated: I didn't really hate it, but I didn't get the hype for ACOMAF

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: Insurgent. It's my favourite in the Divergent trilogy. Also The ..."

Just curious, why do you have no interest in reading A darker shade of magic?

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments @Cordelianne The synopsis just doesn't interest me that much and it sounds somehwhat complicated :'D

message 7: by Olga (new)

Olga | 5 comments A popular book you hated: ACOFAS

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: Can't say

An OTP that everyone except you seems to ship: Aedion and Lysandra, Lorcan and Elide

A popular genre you rarely reach for: Romance

A popular character you don't like: Evangeline Samos

A popular author you can’t seem to get into: Victoria Schwab

A popular trope you’re tired of seeing: everyone should have a pair!

A popular series you have no interest in reading: Hm... one day I say "I won't" the other someone or something can convince me...

Movie adaptation that was better than the book: Howl's Moving Castle

passion_between_the_pages | 2 comments Okay I'm super late but I've always wanted to do this tag xD

A popular book you hated: Throne of Glass (I never wrote a review but my friend wrote a rather savage one lol)

A book everyone seems to hate but you love: uhm. Maybe "The Host" Idk... I loved it so much but I don't know anyone else who was so passionate about it :)

An OTP that everyone except you seems to ship: Darklina

A popular genre you rarely reach for: romance

A popular character you don't like: anyone from ToG lol

A popular author you can’t seem to get into: Rainbow Rowell

A popular trope you’re tired of seeing: the love triangle. oh and pseudo-badass female characters.

A popular series you have no interest in reading: anything by Cassandra Clare.

Movie adaptation that was better than the book: uhm... Dune and Maze Runner.

The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Panic (other topics)