Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Ugh....Book slump

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments So, I finished finals (yay!) but now my brain is refusing to think about anything. I am like an hour into Beartown, which everyone says is great, but I just can't get into the story. And, I want to finish it so I can listen to The Power, which I also have from the library.

What my brain wants is lots of trashy romance. Lots and lots of trashy romance.

message 2: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3108 comments I think you should give your brain exactly what it wants. You've earned it. The other books will still be there when you want them.

message 3: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments Nicole R wrote: "So, I finished finals (yay!) but now my brain is refusing to think about anything. I am like an hour into Beartown, which everyone says is great, but I just can't get into the story..."

I can so relate to this. I’v been reading a bunch of cozy mysteries from the library on my kindle. They only require a couple of brain cells to follow. I can only read The Witches for short periods or I get totally lost. The Power is in transit, I should get it today or tomorrow. I really hope this reading funk ends soon.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Chili wrote: "I really hope this reading funk ends soon. ..."

Right?!? These are books that I WANT to read and have been looking forward to forever, but my brain is like, "nope!"

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Jgrace wrote: "I think you should give your brain exactly what it wants. You've earned it. The other books will still be there when you want them."

i know but I have waited for them to come in from the library for so long! lol

message 6: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Well, I just solved the library pressure problem. Both Beartown and The Power are on sale on Audible for $6.95 each. And, I have a $5 promo code, so I just paid $9 for two audiobooks. #winning #fate

message 7: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3108 comments There's a temptation. I'm #54 on a library wait list for The Power.

message 8: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Jgrace wrote: "There's a temptation. I'm #54 on a library wait list for The Power."

How can you beat $6.95?!? You can't. ;)

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments If it makes you feel any better, it took a while for Beartown to get going for me too. Now that the pressure is off are you going to slot in those trashy romances?

message 10: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Bet your a$$ I am working on those trashy romances! Lol. I have like 4 downloaded and ready to go 😂

message 11: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Excellent! Enjoy them!

message 12: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5157 comments It also took me awhile to get into Beartown, and I'm a hockey fan! But it's worth it, so just put it off until you're more in the mood for it.

message 13: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Nicole R wrote: "Well, I just solved the library pressure problem. Both Beartown and The Power are on sale on Audible for $6.95 each. And, I have a $5 promo code, so I just paid $9 f..."

Ultimate win. Enjoy your reading. If you are not enjoying it, then its no longer a hobby.

message 14: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I am actually slowly getting into Beartown. I think not having the pressure of reading by the time it is due at the library is really helping. Typically, I have no problem listening to them well before they are due, but not at the moment! lol

message 15: by Karin (last edited May 11, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

Karin | 7465 comments Nicole R wrote: "So, I finished finals (yay!) but now my brain is refusing to think about anything. I am like an hour into Beartown, which everyone says is great, but I just can't get into the story..."

You just need a few days for your brain to decompress, I think. Watch some good movies, get outdoors, read some light romance, whatever it takes to get your brain ready for the likes of Beartown.

Wait, now I see your latest post. Dang, but I was too quick on the draw!

message 16: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Karin wrote: "Nicole R wrote: "So, I finished finals (yay!) but now my brain is refusing to think about anything. I am like an hour into Beartown, which everyone says is great, but I just can't g..."

Lol! It was great advice! I agree my brain just needs to unwind a bit. I have been doing lots of fun catching up with friends lately, so I think that helped me get into the book!