What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wide Awake in Dreamland
This topic is about Wide Awake in Dreamland
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Read this around 1995. Fantasy novel about a kid who somehow ended up being transported to “the land of dreams” but had to make it through the nightmarish “Dream Land” to wake up. Basically a gritty or deconstructed “Little Nemo”. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vulco1 (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments Cover may have been mostly black and the top half had some sort of tree, house and car on it. I know it was hardcover when I read it and kind of thick.

The characters make a point of saying the “Land of Dreams” and “Dreamland” are two very different places and one or the other is good and the other one is nightmarish. He has to travel from one to get to the other to wake up. Book may have opened with him hanging out with his dad at a carnival or something before he wakes up in whatever place he wakes up. There’s a waterfall scene in there somewhere where he almost goes over the side with his companions. If he had companions.

I read this in middle/elementary school around 1995 so it’s probably for the younger crowd.

message 2: by Vulco1 (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments bump

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4323 comments Just a guess: Wide Awake in Dreamland?

message 4: by Vulco1 (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments I think that's it! Thanks!