Discourse in a Digital Age discussion

My Brilliant Friend

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
The kit is through SLPL rather than the county so I’ll pick it up. Teresa and Vera can easily swing by to get a copy. Lucy and Cheryl and others—what works for you?

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hammond | 27 comments Anne, Where are you located?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
McPherson and Taylor or can easily get to the library or anywhere along Euclid.

message 4: by Cheryl (last edited May 10, 2018 12:42PM) (new)

Cheryl Hammond | 27 comments Right by the 2nd Presbyterian church. Can you email me a good time to come by? Or text.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
Sure—I have to get the kit first so it’ll be a couple days.

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hammond | 27 comments Thanks!

message 7: by Vera (new)

Vera Emmons | 21 comments I have an slpl copy coming to the library for me.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
I should get the kit Sunday or Monday and I get it for 6 weeks I think so we don’t have to worry about renewals or other holds. So, books available for whoever wants. I don’t know how many...at least 10?

message 9: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 149 comments I have a copy coming from the County lib, so I'm taken care of. Also, I'll be out in CO with my sis and will gave to miss the discussion but will try to post on Goodreads. The next mo.is crazy-ville for me, as the memorial for my brother that I've been working on since last Sept is finally happening Jun 1-3 in Detroit, with relatives/friends coming in from all over. I'll breathe again when it's over!

message 10: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments Anne did you get the kit yet? Let me know and I will come get the copy

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
I have the kit. Best times to pick up are Saturday 4-6pm or Sunday 1-4pm. Sunday after 4 can work too—we just have a condo meeting but I’m around. Let me know!

message 12: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
Teresa (or anyone else), we go out of town Saturday so let me know if you want to pick up a book between today and Saturday morning.

message 13: by Readridinghood (new)

Readridinghood | 62 comments I have a copy. Thanks!

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Zimmerman | 2 comments I missed the last meeting. Where are we meeting in June? The library?

message 15: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Hardcastle | 166 comments Mod
The group has returned to the library, and moved it up to 6:30 PM. The next session will take place on June 13. See you there!

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hammond | 27 comments I enjoyed the book.

message 17: by Kenneth (new)

Just finished! I look forward to seeing you guys tonight and sharing intel on this compelling book.

message 18: by Readridinghood (new)

Readridinghood | 62 comments I am playing hooky from tonight’s discussion. I just want to take a break from books this month. I will read this month’s selection at a later time and share my thoughts. Please let me know the title of our next book. I hope I am not the one to provide snacks. My best to everyone!

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne | 135 comments Mod
I’ll be there. No new baby yet. I have like five pages left. I really liked it but for some reason it was slow going. I have no audio on one computer and I think the other doesn’t let me hardwire to the internet so might try the library chrome book again if available. My no audio computer can also do video while we do audio on the phone which might be better anyway.

Kenny—have something for video but also keep your phone handy for audio.

message 20: by Kenneth (new)

I bought a new webcam and microphone, so I'll have a new setup to try out. I'll be broadcasting from my library tonight!

message 21: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Hammond | 27 comments Readridinghood wrote: "I am playing hooky from tonight’s discussion. I just want to take a break from books this month. I will read this month’s selection at a later time and share my thoughts. Please let me know the tit..."

No, you are not the one bringing snacks. I am this month.

message 22: by Vera (new)

Vera Emmons | 21 comments I will not be there tonight. The move and a 10 day trip to Chicago have put me behind. I thought it was Travis's book group tonight and haven't read that book, either!

message 23: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments I will be there. Finished last night. See you there

message 24: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucy47) | 149 comments Hi all, very sorry to have missed last nite. I cringe to confess I didn't even get to read "My Brilliant...", what with a very hectic past month. The Jun 1 weekend in Detroit for my brother's memorial that I've been working on for a yr went wonderfully, with family & friends from all over, lots of happy & funny stories shared about Chris, and all of us rediscovering Detroit where we grew up.
Then my sis & I drove back to StL for a few days before leaving to drive her home to Durango, CO. We've been savoring the mountain scenery while anguishing over the wildfires that have raged there since 6/1. Now i'm sitting in the Phoenix airport waiting to fly home to StL.
I will definitely be at July's discussion of The Power", probably with my daughter, a major fan.
Anne, let me know if you need a baker.

message 25: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 63 comments Lucy, glad everything went well. And glad you had a good vacation. We missed you and your insights. It was a good discussion