Looking for Alaska Looking for Alaska discussion

"Looking For Alaska" is coming to TV!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

C (InkBlottings) After 13 years, it seems that the idea for a television series based on Looking for Alaska is finally going forward. I know that the book got a lot of love, especially as John Green has gained a lot of recognition since publishing the novel, so what do we think?

The series will apparently have 8 episodes and was initially planned to become a film before being shelved.

Here's the article: http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv...

Do you have a dream cast? Are you excited to see how the book is portrayed, or do you think it's might be a bad decision?

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ren I would say that I am rather excited for it however I am a tad bit skeptical on how it will be portrayed. I have only had experience with one Hulu show which was Handmaids Tale which was phenomenal. With that being said I feel that the show will is in good hands. I do not know if it would have worked better as a movie as opposed to a show but only time will tell.

As for actors I am not particularly sure if I have any in mind at the moment. I look forward to seeing Alaska and Pudge on the small screen!

Lorenzo Erik Yayyy

message 4: by Lil (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lil Oh my god I am so excited

message 5: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Can't wait! I hope that it comes out soon. I have to admit, I don't think that any movie/TV show can be as good as the book, but there's hope.

message 6: by Nadine (last edited Jul 18, 2018 12:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nadine Abu Arafeh I'm afraid it won't measure up to my imagination. (so far, John Green's books are better than the movies)