Conference on English Leadership (CEL) discussion

Young Adult Book Wish List

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 7 comments Mod
I stole this question from tonight's #CELChat: "If you could bring any three young adult books to your community, what would they be and why?"

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Edler | 2 comments The Thing About Jellyfish - a beautiful book that reveals the fragility of relationships and relationship building, acceptance, and grief.
Who Will Tell My Brother - a novel in verse that forced me to look at difficult social issues and then learn more; changed my thinking.
If You Come Softly - another novel that forced me to look at a social issue through a different lens, and then of course, it's by Jacqueline Woodson,

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 2 comments Just three? Yikes. Okay. As soon as I post this, I'm going to change my mind. (1) Angie Thomas, The Hate You Give (although I just read The Poet X and loved it...or Isabel Quintero's Gabi, A Girl in Pieces), (2) Becky Albertalli, Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda (my backup is Anna-marie McLemore's When the Moon Was Ours...is that cheating?), and (3) Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak (the prose and the graphic novel versions).

Hmm. These are all realistic fiction. Can I bring three in other genres, too?