Play Book Tag discussion

The Gifts of Imperfection
This topic is about The Gifts of Imperfection
Archive: Other Books > The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1663 comments The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
5 Stars

This book was introduced to me as part of book club that came out of a journey of self-discovery workshop. The workshop pulls from the guideposts and concepts in this book. I'm at a time in my life where I'm doing a lot of introspection and analyzing of my life and this book is a perfect complement to that.

I really like how Brene Brown laid out the book and used her own life for examples of whatever she was tackling. I hate books where the author seems infallible and is describing a situation without personalizing it. Brown does not do that at all. Several times through the book I thought, thank goodness I'm not alone. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

I highlighted and tagged passages like crazy!! I had so many 'AHA' moments as I was reading. It is really going to help me on my current journey and I plan to read back through certain parts of it as I practice my authenticity and work on Wholehearted living.

Again, this was the perfect book for where I'm at in this moment of my life.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) I'm so glad that you found a resource to help you on this quest for such an important goal. I wish you all sorts of success and joy during your journey.