Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Letters From Jack
This topic is about Letters From Jack
Book Issues > Combine editions - help!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin Tuori | 6 comments I'm a new Goodreads author. I recently modified the cover for my book, updated it on Amazon, and created a new edition on Goodreads, as indicated in Goodreads help. I moved the ISBN to the new edition. So far, so good.

1) Now I would like the new cover (orange to blue background) to appear when a reader searches for, or browses to my book. But the old cover (blue background) still appears.

2) There seems to be a third edition (ASIN:B0748WCBYS). I don't know what this is, or how it came to be. Unless it's needed, I'd like to remove it, but don't know how.

Assistance would be welcome.
Thanks.
Martin

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments Martin wrote: "I'm a new Goodreads author. I recently modified the cover for my book, updated it on Amazon, and created a new edition on Goodreads, as indicated in Goodreads help. I moved the ISBN to the new edit..."

Hi, Martin. Is the new cover just for one version of the book and if so, which one?

The ASIN of B0748WCBYS is for the Kindle version here: https://www.amazon.com/Letters-Jack-M...

Amazon also lists a paperback, but Goodreads currently does not list a paperback. Is there one?

Goodreads currently lists 2 Kindle editions and 1 ebook edition and 0 paperback. Please confirm what all the editions are (and which one/s got the cover update) and we can try to get this straightened out for you.

As for wanting the new cover to appear as the default when someone searches, you might want to wait until the editions are sorted out. When you are ready, you will click on “Set this book as the primary edition for this work.” See https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/1...

message 3: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin Tuori | 6 comments Hi Alison, and thanks for responding.

The new cover is intended to replace the old one, on all versions going forward. The book content is unchanged.

The book is available as a Kindle e-book, and in print (Amazon print-on-demand).

If you could let me know how to proceed, I'd much appreciate it.
Thanks.
Martin

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45458 comments Mod
Is (or was) it for sale as an ebook anywhere other than Amazon?

message 5: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin Tuori | 6 comments rivka wrote: "Is (or was) it for sale as an ebook anywhere other than Amazon?"

No, just Amazon.
Martin

message 6: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin Tuori | 6 comments So what do I do next?
Martin

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments Martin, sorry it's taking a while.

If another librarian could step in to help, I'd appreciate it. As I understand it, there should be one Kindle and one paperback, both with alternate covers.

message 8: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin Tuori | 6 comments Yes, one Kindle, one paperback, each with an original cover and an updated cover.
Martin

message 9: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments Bumping thread--still looking for a librarian to help get the editions straight and add the alternate cover.

Thanks for your patience, Martin.

message 10: by Philip (last edited May 15, 2018 05:00AM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Taking a look at it Done

Created a new Kindle Edition with the new cover. Moved the ASIN to that edition, marking the other edition with ACE information.

Changed the format of the ebook edition to Paperback, since the ebook only exists on Amazon, and the Paperback on Amazon is listed with the ISBN that was on the ebook. Also added ISBN10 to Paperback edition.

Merged Extraneous Kindle Edition with blue cover with the other Kindle Edition with Blue Cover.

Should now be 3 edition. 1 Paperback and 2 Kindle (different covers)

Here is how to set your Default Edition:
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 11: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin Tuori | 6 comments Thanks very much.