YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Isle of Blood and Stone (Tower of Winds, #1)
This topic is about Isle of Blood and Stone
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Isle of Blood and Stone by Makiia Lucier- Restarting September 20th 2019

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andy | 14687 comments Ulises asked, "How can I look at these maps, see this riddle, and do nothing? They are my brothers."

Elias reached across the table and flicked aside two shells with a fingertip. The map curled into itself. "It's bound to be a goose chase. You know that?"

"Or a treasure hunt," Ulises countered, "and you've always been good at those."

Nineteen-year-old Elias is a royal explorer, a skilled mapmaker, and the new king of del Mar's oldest friend. Soon he will embark on the adventure of a lifetime, an expedition past the Strait of Cain and into uncharted waters. Nothing stands in his way...until a long-ago tragedy creeps back into the light, threatening all he holds dear.

The people of St. John del Mar have never recovered from the loss of their boy princes, kidnapped eighteen years ago, both presumed dead. But when two maps surface, each bearing the same hidden riddle, troubling questions arise. What really happened to the young heirs? And why do the maps appear to be drawn by Lord Antoni, Elias's father, who vanished on that same fateful day? With the king's beautiful cousin by his side—whether he wants her there or not—Elias will race to solve the riddle of the princes. He will have to use his wits and guard his back. Because some truths are better left buried...and an unknown enemy stalks his every turn

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 5 (view spoiler)

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 10 (view spoiler)

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 15 (view spoiler)

Andy | 14687 comments Ch. 22 (view spoiler)

Andy | 14687 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48942 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting September 20th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jennifer | 3551 comments Just checking in. I have my copy, but I need to finish up a couple of things before I get started on this one. I should get it going over the weekend.

message 9: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Yes I have it here too but I'm trying to clear out a couple older reads before I head into it. I'll be starting it soon though.

message 10: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments To Ch 7

This one started off really well, easy to slip into and invest in -- which makes me really happy since most of the fantasies I've read this month have been a bit of a slog (with a couple notable exceptions). I do feel like it hasn't been as clear as I'd like ... perhaps I've missed it... but (view spoiler) Looking forward to reading more of this one.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ch 6 - (view spoiler)
Ch 13 - (view spoiler)
Ch 21 - (view spoiler)
Finished - Wow, I really enjoyed this book. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments To Ch 14

Dragged a little more than the last section but it could have been that I haven't had as much unbroken time to read. Still pretty good. I love the intrigue. So many (view spoiler)

So the real question is WHY? And I'm looking forward to the answer.

message 13: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments To ch 22

I just really like this book. So many surprises. I mean sure (view spoiler)

message 14: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Fin

This was a fun read, and a great fantasy. I THINK I'm okay with the ending for (view spoiler)