BookLovers discussion

Challenges > Make a Wish

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (last edited Jul 28, 2014 11:01PM) (new)

Adriana Stone So I thought I was going to wait until the middle of August to have our first official challenge but then I realised I can't wait that long ! :)

So I decided to have a quick, simple challenge starting August 2nd and ends on the 15th.

This challenge is called make a wish, the object is simple read a book where you wish you could live the main character's live. Easy enough?

This thread is where you can post what book you are going to read, your reviews and a quick summary on why you want to live that characters life.

There are 3 levels to this challenge:

Easy - 1 book
Medium - 3 books
Hard - 5+ books

Let me know if there are any comments, questions or concerns.

message 2: by Adriana (last edited Aug 24, 2014 10:05AM) (new)

Adriana Stone Participants
1. Savannah
2. Lindsey
3. Adriana
4. Diana S.
5. Rachel B.
6. Emma
7. Isabel
8.Samantha (poison for the senses)
9. Leah
8. Ashley

Completed
1. Leah
2. Diana S.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll do easy! (: not sure what I'm going to read yet but will figure that out soon!(:

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in. Will look for a book!!

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Okay :) If there is a book that you need to read for another challenge you can use that for this one as long as you don't start it until August 2nd.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good!(:

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone The book I'm going to be reading for this challenge is Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I'm going to the library tomorrow so I will get a book there(:

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone okay :) The library is just the best for this :)

message 10: by Diana S (last edited Jul 29, 2014 09:52PM) (new)

Diana S I'll go for Easy. Now I'm off to find a book.

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Okay :) There are so many books I wish I could live in

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 1 comments I'm in :-) I'll start with easy though as I have loads on at the moment. Be back when i find a book!

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Good choice Emma. I wishvi could live that book :)

message 14: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isadoglover) I'm in! I haven't decided a book but I'll tell you when I have

message 15: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone okay awesome ! :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I only really read dystopian/apocalyptic books, so i think i'm going to go with UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 5 comments I'm in. I do not know what book I will be reading though but will tell you when I find out

message 18: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Yay Ashley ! ok :)

Samantha (A History of Books) (ahistoryofbooksblog) I'll do medium! I've got loads of books to choose from

message 20: by Leah (new)

Leah | 11 comments I'm in. Reading Dark Life by Kat Falls

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Yay Samantha and Leah !

message 22: by Leah (new)

Leah | 11 comments I finished easy

message 23: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Awesome Leah ! Do you want to give a super short summary of why you wanted to live that book ?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

So, do we have to read the book between August 2nd and 15th?

message 25: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Savannah wrote: "So, do we have to read the book between August 2nd and 15th?"

You are supposed to but because this is our first challenge, I'll let it slide if you start/finish early

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

ok :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to change mine from UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman to Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

It's the same series but i haven't read the first one in a while so i'm going to re-read it

message 28: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone okay :)

message 29: by Leah (new)

Leah | 11 comments Okay I wanted to live in the Dark Life because the idea of under water colonization sounds amazing. Just having the ocean all around you and all the aquatic animals. Also being my age I I may develop a Dark Gift, which is like a mutation. I liked the idea of living along side the wild life, co-existing in the same environment.

message 30: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone wow that sounds really good. I might have to read that book.

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah | 11 comments I would definitely recommend it. There's a second book too but I haven't read it yet.

message 32: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone okay I'll check it out. :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm gonna be lame and change my book again, last time I promise, we are out if town and I forgot the book I was going to use...so it'll be 'The Eye Of Minds' by James Dashnee

message 34: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Okay you can change your book ad many times as you want as long as you read a book hat fits in thr theme by August 15th ! :)

message 35: by Diana S (new)

Diana S I picked/finished the Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Leviathan (8/3/14). I think its really something that Deryn Sharp could live and work in that Whale of a Ship. Awesome!