Cirque Du Freak-Along discussion

Trials of Death (Cirque Du Freak, #5)
This topic is about Trials of Death
Trials of Death

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alison (hardbackhoarder) | 41 comments Mod
Please don't forget to put the page number you are on before going into your comments to avoid spoiling!

Ellis (kamnell) | 24 comments First I just wanna say how grateful I am for this read-along! I wanted to reread the series for so long but never did it because in my own logic it was always 12 books I have to read one after another which would take some time in which I can't read anything else. And now I still get through all of them but can still read other stuff in between. I feel kinda embarrassed that I never thought of this myself ^^'

Ellis (kamnell) | 24 comments Now second: I'm only 10 pages in but I start get frustrated with Darren. I like about him that he thinks of others before himself and that he is all about pride and honor but he is way too quick to agree to things and is then angry and confused about things he didn't know but also didn't ask about before agreeing. Like the not being able to have kids or that he is killed if he fails the trials. Yes he is still a kid and I know how I was when I was that age but still. I'm just super annoyed right now

Ellis (kamnell) | 24 comments I'm on page 109/Cgapter 13

I just love how close the Clan is. They would do anything for each other. I mean the Princes helping Darren with postponing his 4th trial. They didn't have to do it and still they accepted Darren as one of their own and doing everything in their power. I don't know about the whole fighting stuff but I would love being part of such a strong family. I think it's amazing *-*

Brenda Edwards (brennedwards) | 13 comments chapter 8 :

darren gets me so mad i know he lets everyone to do as they please with him and he never cares for himself he will puts everyone in front of himself

Jana wrote: "Now second: I'm only 10 pages in but I start get frustrated with Darren. I like about him that he thinks of others before himself and that he is all about pride and honor but he is way too quick to..."

I think that is more of the fault of the adults in the situations. They /assume/ Darren is familiar with the ways and Darren assumes they will tell him all the consequences up front (since that is normally how Mr. Crespley is). But it is frustrating as a reader, almost as if the information was thought of after the fact and kind of added in.

Brenda wrote: "chapter 8 :

darren gets me so mad i know he lets everyone to do as they please with him and he never cares for himself he will puts everyone in front of himself"

Sometimes I forget that he is a kid and that's essentially what kids do, they hope that adults are making the right choice and trust too much in them at times.

Jana wrote: "I'm on page 109/Cgapter 13

I just love how close the Clan is. They would do anything for each other. I mean the Princes helping Darren with postponing his 4th trial. They didn't have to do it and ..."

I LOVE the building of the clan and their histories and laws in this. It is so unique and fun to learn about!