2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

The Girl in the Tower (The Winternight Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Girl in the Tower
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy #2)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Katherine Arden‘s book, The Girl in the Tower.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Kristin, Ellen, Beatriz, Ilona, Eileen, Alexxy, Kristy, Harshmi, SarahKat, Kaylee, Suki, Dyln, Kara, Randy

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 91
Week 2: 91
Week 3: 91
Week 4: 91

message 3: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ilona | 4222 comments Has anyone already started reading this book? I have just started Middlesex, but it is next on my list!

message 4: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 3 stars

SarahKat | 3447 comments I'm just starting this today. May has been a difficult month for me so I'm behind on my reading.

message 5: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ilona | 4222 comments Me too! May has been crazy, but I am positive that I can finish Middlesex today and start reading The Girl in the Tower!

message 6: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ilona | 4222 comments I started reading last weekend, but have only just reached the part where Vasya encounters the first village. The pace is higher in this book compared to The Bear and The Nightingale, but so far I am not enjoying it as much as that book.
Then again, I am only just at the beginning of the story. Hopefully, I have some more time to read this weekend!

message 7: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ilona | 4222 comments Just finished this book!

(view spoiler)

I was a bit hesitant about this book in the beginning, but enjoyed the second part much more! Will definitely read The Winter of the Witch when it comes out in January 2019!

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 3 stars

SarahKat | 3447 comments I think I have less than 100 pages left. I agree with you Ilona. It was pretty slow to get into at the beginning even though there was more action than in the first one. I'm pretty intrigued now though. I should finish by tomorrow.

message 9: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments FYI, the third book, The Winter of the Witch, is not due out until January 2019. I will keep it on my tracking list and check back in when it is available.

message 10: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 3 stars

SarahKat | 3447 comments Kristin wrote: "I finished this a few days ago. I continued to enjoy Arden's writing. I think she has a knack for details. I also liked some of the new characters that we were introduced to and getting to know pre..."

(view spoiler)

I thought most of the book was too slow and having naught to do with the main plot and then the end just sort of happened. I didn't like it as much as the first one for sure.

message 11: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 3 stars

SarahKat | 3447 comments Kristin wrote: "Yes, I am worried about the same thing as you, SarahKat. [spoilers removed] Do you think you will finish the series?"

I agree Kristin. Yes I'll finish it. I'm enjoying it enough and I want to see how everything turns out.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.