2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children #1)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited May 09, 2018 07:39AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Ransom Riggs‘s book, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Allie, Lea, Savannah Allie, Lea

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 88
Week 2: 88
Week 3: 88
Week 4: 88

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Thank you Mary Pat!

I'll most likely start later today :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished almost 40% of the book and I think it's great so far!

message 5: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I'm 20% through, read 70 pages in a little over an hour. Loving it so far

message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I'm almost 50% done and I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would! :D

message 7: by Savannah (new)

Savannah How far along are you two in the book? I'm nearly 80% finished, but am going to go to bed now, and finish tomorrow! Really enjoying it, and glad I finally picked it up!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I‘m definitely not as fast as you ate, haha. I need to study this weekend but hope I‘ll get to read a few pages.

Allie | 307 comments Didn’t get a chance to read all week and just started this up today. I out did myself on buddy reads this month, yikes.

Ok, I’m getting back to it...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm about 60% through and I do love it but think it's a little foreseeable.

What do you think about that?

Kimberly Park (suezy) | 2 comments Amazing.

message 12: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I finished on the 14th but haven't updated on here, sorry. I really enjoyed the book. I'm looking forward to reading book 2 at some point as I already have it on my shelf! Hope you enjoy the rest of it as well.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished the book today and I really loved it! It was just a perfect first book for a series. I'm really looking forward to reading the other books! The world was just so beautiful and fantastic I think it's one of my 2018-favs already.

message 14: by Allie (last edited May 20, 2018 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Allie | 307 comments Finally finished today! (Not the book’s fault, I haven’t been in a reading mood.) While reading YA I’m usually just like UGH but I didn’t mind this book. It had no problem keeping my attention once I did settle down to read it. Loved all the children too...except Emma. She bugs me. (view spoiler) But I’ll definitely continue on with the series at some point...especially with that cliff hanger.

message 15: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I didn't mind their relationship, it was a bit odd but didn't bother me too much. And I agree, that cliff hanger really makes me want to read the next book! :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Their relationship bothered me a little but I think I know the point of it. Let’s see if I’m right. I’m really excited about the next books and how the personalities of the children will develop through time.

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Is there any interest in reading the next book in the series, Hollow City?

message 18: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I would love to

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I definitely want to read the second book but won't be able to do so before august/september

Allie | 307 comments I’d be interested too.....just not right away.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Lea wrote: "I definitely want to read the second book but won't be able to do so before august/september"

what would be a good month for you to continue the series?

message 22: by Allie (last edited May 28, 2018 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Allie | 307 comments You said August or September....that sounds good to me! Doesn’t matter which one.

I liked the book but not enough where I want to jump into the second right now in June.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

September would fit my schedule better. Savannah would you be up to reading the second book in september as well?

message 24: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Sure. I may read it earlier but if not I will definitely join up. (:

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.