World Of Writing discussion

historical fiction writing > Historical Fiction Writing

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Please place any historical fiction stories here.

message 2: by I'amber (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 5 comments http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4...

Idk really know what this goes under, it kindof like a short story?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm pointless with historical fiction.

message 4: by Maryam. (new)

Maryam. | 21 comments Mod
Haha, me 2!

message 5: by Laekan (new)

Laekan Kemp (laekanzeakemp) Hey everyone!!! My name is Laekan and I'm working on revising my first novel. It follows a young woman as she returns to Argentina after years of living in the U.S. where she and her family sought refuge from the Dirty War. It's all about her discovering what really happened to her mother, who mysteriously disappeared during the height of the war and how this one thread of truth basically unravels her entire life and who she thought she was. In my opinion it crosses over between adult and young adult fiction but it is really different and I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly my book will fit in.

Would anyone out there be willing to exchange emails with me and critique my manuscript? I've queried some agents but haven't recieved news from anyone who's interested. It's about 50,000 words which is about 90 pages in a word document.

I would be more than happy to exchange a critique with other writers out there looking for the same thing.

If you want to read a sample of my work to see if it's something you might be interested in reading, I have a short story posted on my goodreads account.

Thanks!!!!