DiverseCity discussion

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse, #3)
This topic is about Leah on the Offbeat

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
Comment your thoughts!

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
Awh only Garrett! Aha. Simon and Leah’s friendship is perfection. The end of the books was just so cute and mushy and I love it! I would have liked to have seen Nick finding out about Leah and Abby like I wanted to read them walking back into prom and I wanted to see his reaction. I guess it’s hinted he’s either okay with it or he’s getting over it in Leah’s email to Simon but I would have liked to have read about it.

I love how the email clarifies that Bram and Simon are still lovebirds and that long distance is working for them. And that Abby and Leah are happy (I thought the thing about them sitting in a park with Leah drawing and Abby reading and Abby’s foot just tapping Leah’s every now and then was a vision of perfection) I wish my boyfriend and I did things like that! Haha I love him really.

Overall I didn’t enjoy this as much as Simon and I gave it three stars on Goodreads but it is more of a 3.5 where Simon was 4 on Goodreads but more of a 4.5. If that makes sense.

Also YAS to Leah now being super sappy!

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
I agree 100% with you Nicole, Simon was better but it was still a good book. I loved the email at the end! I do wish we could’ve seen what happened after they both “came out.”

I’m really impressed with Albertali’s writing and how she’s not afraid to talk about controversial topics.