DiverseCity discussion

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse, #3)
This topic is about Leah on the Offbeat

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
Comment your thoughts!

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
I feel like every one of my comments for each set of chapters is gonna begin with how cute Simon and Bram are BECAUSE OMG HOW ADORABLE WAS THAT PROMPOSAL?! They’re just so perfect and they make me so happy :)

I really did feel bad for Leah when she went dress shopping. When she tried on that yellow one, you could really tell how happy and confident she was in it (in her own Leah-ish way). And once her mom said she didn’t like it, it instantly shut her down. And even when she heard that girl hinting that being fat means you don’t look good, it really showed how small things like that can affect a person. I’m glad that we get to see Leah’s struggling body confidence, as she is a character that tries to act like she doesn’t care about anything, but now we get to see how much she does care.

I also feel bad for Garrett because he truly is trying to impress Leah and work his way up to asking her out. I didn’t like that Leah stopped him from promposing, but at least they’re going together. I can somewhat relate to Leah’s struggling feelings about Abby so I completely understand where she’s coming from. And now that Nick and Abby are broken up, I have no idea what’ll happen next. I just want Leah in a relationship where she feels comfortable and loved. (I love how every time I speak about books that I’m enjoying, I always talk about the characters as if they’re my children 😂)

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
Yes Ana! I am with you! That promposal was HILARIOUS!

Leah catching feelings for Abby is so sweet to read about. She is a very reserved person so I am glad we’re in her head and we get to see more of her other than the small amount we got from her in Simon.

Leah is starting to get on my nerves a little more now. Mainly because she is annoyed at Abby for suggesting something sexual will happen between the two of them. And she’s annoyed at Garret because this isn't making him jealous. But the issue I have is that this is all sparked because she thinks the reason behind all this is that she is bi… But neither of them know she is bi? Don’t get me wrong, I am still enjoying the book and this isn’t making me like it any less. But it is a little annoying.
She does immediately see where/how she is in the wrong and acknowledges that they don’t know she is bi which I admire and I guess makes it okay. Like no one is perfect. People feel what they feel. She has character!

Garrett is SO SO cute but just not right for Leah I don’t think. I feel bad for him too Ana. He is really trying. However it didn't bother me that she stopped the promposal. I think if she hadn't, she would have felt so embarrassed that it probably wouldn't have ended well.

I think it’s obvious that Leah has feelings for Abby and I feel like maybe Abby has feelings for Leah? Unless I’m reading it that way because Leah sort of suspects too.

I can’t get enough of Simon and how cute he is! As I said, I also love how strong willed Leah is.

Abby has annoyed me a little in saying that she ended things with Nick because she didn’t want to do long distance. Like if you love someone you fight for them and stay with them for as long as you can? She’s just giving up. It’s annoying that she’s not admitting that maybe she just fell out of love. There is nothing wrong with that but I’m with Simon - saying you don’t want to do long distance with someone you love is just stupid.

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
Leah’s so negative!!!!

The promposal was the cutest thing ever! I miss Simon & Brams emails!

I feel so bad for Garret bc Leah’s so obviously going to break his heart

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
YES! I miss the Simon and Bram emails too!