Polls for Our Souls discussion

I Need Recommendations > YA Books in translation

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (new)

Mia (A Happy Little Bookworm) (happywhale) | 20 comments Anyone got any good suggestions for ya books originally written in another language? Thank you :)

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments The Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier, they're time travel and romance books and originally in German.

message 3: by Mia (new)

Mia (A Happy Little Bookworm) (happywhale) | 20 comments Anni wrote: "The Ruby Red trilogy by Kerstin Gier, they're time travel and romance books and originally in German."

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out :)

message 4: by Rima (new)

Rima Ben Hammadi | 159 comments Check out books by Paulo Coelho..

message 5: by Mia (new)

Mia (A Happy Little Bookworm) (happywhale) | 20 comments Rima wrote: "Check out books by Paulo Coelho.."

Thank you. I actually own a copy of The Alchemist but never knew it was originally written in another language :).

message 6: by Addison (new)

Addison Dixon The Neverending Story. It's for all ages, but it's especially for kids and young adults. It was written in German originally.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Ohh yes the Neverending Story was so good and truly magical! Also, if we're at it, the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke, also originally German :)

message 8: by Mia (new)

Mia (A Happy Little Bookworm) (happywhale) | 20 comments Anni wrote: "Ohh yes the Neverending Story was so good and truly magical! Also, if we're at it, the Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke, also originally German :)"

Thank you! I have a copy of The Thief Lord so that's perfect :)

message 9: by Mia (new)

Mia (A Happy Little Bookworm) (happywhale) | 20 comments Amariah wrote: "The Neverending Story. It's for all ages, but it's especially for kids and young adults. It was written in German originally."

I have heard good thing about the series, I will certainly check it out. Thank you :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

If you like science fiction and dont mind being scared out of your mind(I did) try 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad written by a norwegian.
also The Shamer's Daughter (The Shamer Chronicles, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl is a danish fantasy series its middle grade but still.