What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

American Made
This topic is about American Made
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Florida teen girl discovers her sexuality. This book has been haunting me for 40 years! [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debby (new)

Debby Hunter | 3 comments book about a young teen girl in Florida (maybe the Keys), coming of age and discovering her sexuality. Possibly named American Made, but can't find it under that. I wish I could remember the main character's name, but I do not. I don't remember the author, either. Sorry, I know not much to go on.

message 2: by Ayshe (last edited Jul 28, 2014 10:03PM) (new)

Ayshe | 4163 comments American Made seems to be it?

message 3: by caracal-eyes (last edited Jul 28, 2014 10:07PM) (new)

caracal-eyes | 134 comments American Made by Shylah Boyd?

(Had to add cover image and description--info wasn't on Goodreads, so I can see how it might've been hard to find here.)

message 4: by Debby (new)

Debby Hunter | 3 comments That's it! I remember the name Shylah now..thank you! It's not a classic or anything, but when I was a teen, it had a big impact on me for some reason. THANK YOU!

message 5: by Jaye (new)

Jaye  | 372 comments Debby wrote: "That's it! I remember the name Shylah now..thank you! It's not a classic or anything, but when I was a teen, it had a big impact on me for some reason. THANK YOU!"

"impact for some reason".
The same thing happened to me with the movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Umbr... (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg)
when I was a teen. I hope your 2nd encounter with American Made is better for you than my 2nd encounter with Umbrellas.
After seeing it I decided it must have been hormones that took over my brain the 1st time. haha

message 6: by Debby (new)

Debby Hunter | 3 comments I hope so! I just ordered it from Amazon. Hope I'm not disappointed. Oh, those teen hormones were so intense..lol