Play Book Tag discussion

Every Breath You Take (Second Opportunities #4)
This topic is about Every Breath You Take
Archive: Other Books > Every Breath You Take / Judith McNaught - 2**

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6391 comments Every Breath You Take (Second Opportunities #4) by Judith McNaught
Every Breath You Take – Judith McNaught
Digital audio read by Laura Dean
2**

Excerpted from the book jacket: Kate Donovan never dreamed that a chance romantic encounter on a tropical island paradise would involve her in a high-society murder case. But after she tangles with the darkly charismatic Mitchell [Wyatt], Kate finds herself a player in a lethal game of guilt and deception.

My reactions
Okay, I knew it was a romance novel going into it. Still the writing was just dreadful – full of stereotypical characters, romance tropes and clichés. I kept laughing out loud as I listened because it was so bad. However … it’s is markedly better than the publisher’s blurb on the book jacket (though that’s not saying much).

That being said, it was hugely entertaining. It was a fast read (or listen) and I enjoyed it. I can certainly see why McNaught is a best-selling author.

The audio book is read by Laura Dean, and she does a fine job. Too bad she doesn’t have better material to work with.

LINK to my review

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6391 comments BY the way .... I read this in April so I'm not counting it for Family Drama ... but it would qualify for that tag. Just saying ...

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Judith McNaught is not a romance author I read a lot of, but when I do I stick to her regency romance. Now those I love! Between McNaught and Julia Quinn, I easily get my regency romance fix once or twice a year.

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments I have not read this one, but Whitney, My Love is one of my favorite books ever.