Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)
This topic is about Etiquette & Espionage
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✓ Pair 38: Zara & Megan (August 2014)

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Jul 28, 2014 09:03PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Blind Date Challenge: Zara & Megan

Task: Genre: Humor/Parody

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 17, 2014 08:20PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Badges

photo taskX_zps7256078a.jpgdescription

Megan | 3011 comments I'm so excited to start this challenge!

Zara, did you want to pick the number?

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "I'm so excited to start this challenge!

Zara, did you want to pick the number?"

Yes I'd be happy to pick the number. How about 70?

Megan | 3011 comments 70 is fine. :)

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Task added.

ZaraS  *book reviewer Hi Megan,

How about any of the following humourous books as possibles:

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops  by Jen Campbell _ How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2) by Cressida Cowell _ I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan _ Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Do you have any other suggestions?

Megan | 3011 comments Here are some humor books I found
Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1) by Seth Grahame-Smith

Megan | 3011 comments Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke sounds pretty interesting

message 10: by ZaraS (last edited Jul 29, 2014 08:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke sounds pretty interesting"

Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs is a book I've tried to read for the last few months and haven't managed to get around to it.

I just found two others:

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter _ Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke sounds interesting.

How quick a reader are you?

Megan | 3011 comments Bossy Fit and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell have some really good ratings.

It matters on the size of the book. A 350 pg book I can in about 4-5 hrs and a 400+ pg book I can read in 8-10 hrs. If I like the book I can read it quicker

Megan | 3011 comments Hissy Fit*

Megan | 3011 comments The Boys Next Door (The Boys Next Door, #1) by Jennifer Echols Stranger and Stranger (Emily the Strange Novels, #2) by Rob Reger Shut Out by Kody Keplinger Here's a few more I found going through my TBR.

ZaraS  *book reviewer Which book did you want to read? My daughter highly recommends one of the other books you have on your TBR list - Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger

Megan | 3011 comments I've actually been wanting to read that book for awhile, especially since the 3rd book Waistcoats & Weaponry is about to come out in November. A lot of people say really good things about it too.

We can read Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger if you want. I'll have to get it from my library, so I won't be able to start it until Saturday.

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "I've actually been wanting to read that book for awhile, especially since the 3rd book Waistcoats & Weaponry is about to come out in November. A lot of people say really good things..."

That would be awesome Megan. I'll also need to get it from my library.

Megan | 3011 comments I just started Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger and I'm about 5 chapters in so far.

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "I just started Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger and I'm about 5 chapters in so far."

I just collected this book yesterday from the library so I haven't opened its pages yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what the pages reveal.

Megan | 3011 comments I've found some parts of it funny. I love the main character Sophronia.

Megan | 3011 comments I'm almost done with Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger I have about 7 chapters left, I think. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Have you started it yet, Zara? And if so, what do you think of it?

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "I'm almost done with Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger I have about 7 chapters left, I think. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Have you started it yet, Zara? And if so, what do you think ..."

I started this a few days ago and finished it soon after. I thought it was an OK book. Like you I thought it was funny in parts and Sophronia was definitely loveable.

Megan | 3011 comments I finished reading it a few days ago. I liked it, but I thought that the ending was a little rushed. I'll probably read the second book later this month or next.

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "I finished reading it a few days ago. I liked it, but I thought that the ending was a little rushed. I'll probably read the second book later this month or next."

Do we now read another book or what?

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Zara, have you finished reading this book? I don't see your rating, so I'm not sure.

ZaraS  *book reviewer Gisbelle wrote: "Zara, have you finished reading this book? I don't see your rating, so I'm not sure."

Sorry Gisbelle. I keep forgetting to do that. I'll add it now. I've given it three stars.

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments No problem :) Glad you liked the book.

Megan | 3011 comments No, we don't have to read another book. We only had to read the one book. :)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "No, we don't have to read another book. We only had to read the one book. :)"

OK. Thanks