BOOKS > Graphic Novels

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
What are everyone's fav Graphic novels?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Of just stand alone GN I love:
Seconds by Brian Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim)
I Kill Giants which is freaking fantastic and is probably my favorite. It's being made into a movie soon too!
Nimona has a fantastic balance between sweet and happy, and heart breaking.
And I just recently read 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank and I loved that! It was described as a bit Wes Anderson and that caught my attention really fast!

For actual series, The Walking Dead takes the cake and I'm also a big fan of Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace | 4 comments I've read the first two volumes of the Saga series. The artwork's great. Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Vol. 2 (Saga, #2) by Brian K. Vaughan

message 4: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) | 12 comments My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, Vol. 1 is my absolute favorite, no doubt!! the most beautiful graphic novel i've ever read

i'm also a big fan of Through the Woods by emily carroll and i check her website like all the time to see if she has new work out

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Grace wrote: "I've read the first two volumes of the Saga series. The artwork's great. Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan Saga, Vol. 2 (Saga, #2) by Brian K. Vaughan"

I've read up to volume 7 of Saga. I loved it to start with and then I found that it was just aimless and I kind of lost interest. His other series Paper Girls, Vol. 1 looked like it was going to do the same so I didn't read past the first on that.

I'm not sure what it was, I like long series (I mean TWD is like a million years old now) but it just felt like he was pulling scenarios out of a hat and I wasn't connecting with any of the characters anymore.
That being said, most people love it and seeing the cover of Volume 5 is essentially what got me into reading comics again, so I'll always love it for that.

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I like graphic novels but not the ones that have Manga or Anime design.