Camino de Santiago discussion

Shadows, Shells, and Spain
This topic is about Shadows, Shells, and Spain
new Camino book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Meyer (goodreadscomjohn_meyer) | 8 comments Well, I can't sugar coat this; here comes my shameless pitch about my latest adventure. (But at least it's part of a Camino de Santiago group, so it seems fitting...)

I have recently written a travel book based on my own Camino journey called "Shadows, Shells, and Spain," although I call it a fictional travel memoir—a unique adventure story that combines the fun facts of history with present-day drama and humor.

Here's the premise:
Lost and listless on the island of Mallorca, Jamie Draper searches for his estranged wife, Pam, who has left him without any explanation or warning. Exploring her last known location, Jamie stumbles upon an urgent letter from his missing wife promising full disclosure as to her sudden departure and her current whereabouts. There’s just one catch: her mysterious adventure is disclosed in a series of letters she’s left hidden along the ancient Camino trail across northern Spain. Now armed with a list of clues to track the letters down, Jamie retraces Pam’s footsteps, while being both entertained and challenged by the many colorful Camino characters he meets along the way—including the enchanting Brie, who harbors her own secrets that just might compromise Jamie’s intended reunion with his wife.

"John Meyer had me hooked from the first couple of pages and welling-up by the last page!" (Goodreads review)

"If you love travel and history with plenty of drama told with a twist of humour then this book is for you." (Amazon review)

"It had a bit of literary fiction, romance, mystery and drama all wrapped into one story...If you can't make it to Spain, this is your next best option." (Amazon review)

For more information just visit https://www.johnmeyerbooks.com/

End of shameless pitch! You made it! :)

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Blanchard (janevblanchard) | 20 comments Sounds like an interesting book. I have added it to my Camino Book Pinterest Board. https://www.pinterest.com/janevblanch...

message 3: by John (new)

John Meyer (goodreadscomjohn_meyer) | 8 comments Jane wrote: "Sounds like an interesting book. I have added it to my Camino Book Pinterest Board. https://www.pinterest.com/janevblanch..."

Thanks Jane! It looks so pretty on that board of yours....

message 4: by Terry (new)

Terry McHugh | 7 comments Just recently released my second book 'I Have Walked 500 Miles'. Fortunately still here to tell you about it. On my Camino, Sunday after Easter, I fell in a fast flowing swollen river and but for the grace of God in that there were other pilgrims close by to pull me out, I would have been an ex author :)

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane Blanchard (janevblanchard) | 20 comments What a story! Glad you are here to tell us about it.

message 6: by John (new)

John Meyer (goodreadscomjohn_meyer) | 8 comments Terry wrote: "Just recently released my second book 'I Have Walked 500 Miles'. Fortunately still here to tell you about it. On my Camino, Sunday after Easter, I fell in a fast flowing swollen river and but for t..."

What a bad break! Glad you're all right!

message 7: by John (new)

John Meyer (goodreadscomjohn_meyer) | 8 comments Jane wrote: "What a story! Glad you are here to tell us about it."

:)