TV > Shadowhunters

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
This is about the Moral Instruments Book series T.V show: Shadowhunters

message 2: by EndlessPages (new)

Ok so I kinda just created this one so I could rant. So the shadowhunter series is one of my favorite series, so of course my opinion is going to be bias towards the show. I used to watch the first season every week as soon as it came out, but the more I watch the show the more I find things I don't like. I feel as though major events in the books that steer the story lines (I wont say some of the event I'm thinking of cause spoilers) are being changed which is destroying the major events and the direction of the show away from the books. I totally understand that they don't have to follow the books word for word and they are trying to keep the show interesting for the readers who already know whats going to happen. Or they are too dark/ not allowed to do them. However, this is just my opinion but I feel as though they are changing plot lines to make the show as family family-friendly as possible to get more viewers and more money to keep the show going.

Wow sozza rant over,

anyway, this is just my opinion please don't get offended!

message 3: by EndlessPages (new)

omg I forget the demons are weird to look at and not at all scary

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ I'm right there with you Olivia! Absolutely love the book series! It's one of my favorites. When I heard they were making a movie I was like, Yesss! And it was horrible. Obviously, since they didn't make any more after it! Then I'm blown away excited to learn they are making a show called Shadowhunters and it's like watching a completely different thing. Altogether I'm soooo disappointed!

I love most of the actors/actress they have playing the characters we all love but I am not a fan of Katherine McNamara (Clary). Her acting is not very believable to me.

Also your right about them changing so much of the plot. I can't stand it. And us as readers don't need things to be different because we love the story the way it is and B**** and complain when they change it! lol I make myself watch it because I know it's the best we are ever going to get. 😭

message 5: by EndlessPages (new)

♥Christina wrote: "I'm right there with you Olivia! Absolutely love the book series! It's one of my favorites. When I heard they were making a movie I was like, Yesss! And it was horrible. Obviously, since they didn'..."

Yeah I keep watching it hoping it gets better lol it's really hit and Miss, Agreed about Katherine!

AThousand_PaperCranes (thousandcranes) | 12 comments I kinda prefer the film clary, can't remember her name... tbh, even though the series is going off track a lot, I'm starting to like it

AThousand_PaperCranes (thousandcranes) | 12 comments But it really annoyed me at first, cos Isabelle and Simon never happened

message 8: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) I love the book series and I also like the TV series. I feel like there is a good cast and they are effective actors/actresses. Even though the show goes away from the original story, I enjoy seeing a new spin on the world with some of the basic Shadowhunter stuff still there. The only thing I don't like is how every 1-2 good episodes of Shadowhunters, there are like 2-3 meh, boring episodes where nothing happens. Shadowhunters are descendants of angels that are supposed to fight demons and protect the world. There should be some drama/action going on every episode tbh

message 9: by EndlessPages (new)

Sanah wrote: "I love the book series and I also like the TV series. I feel like there is a good cast and they are effective actors/actresses. Even though the show goes away from the original story, I enjoy seein..."

Yeah I agree that you have some great episodes then the next are meh, its really hit and miss I never know what to expect.