What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Imajica
This topic is about Imajica
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult high fantasy attempted assassination of emperor of 4 worlds by artist who cant remember his life [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurence (last edited May 08, 2018 08:30PM) (new)

Laurence Dorneles | 4 comments Old book I think but read just a few years ago....multiple story lines all about a select group hiding the fact that earth was only one of multiple worlds ruled by an Emperor and that some kind of purge happened every so often. One of the threads is about an artist who can not remember much beyond 10 years, he falls in love with a mystical creature that is able to change shapes. The travel to a second world and learn that this creature is very rare. Other threads in the story are about trying to assassinate the emperor. Theres's an escape from a prison thats surrounded by a substance that is usually solid but will change to a very dangerous liquid. While at the prison a small girl is rescued that has some abilities. There is also a plot line involving a magical blue stone eyeball. At the end of this book the emperors palace is invaded and the emperor is confronted. The books title has something to do with magic...

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Laurence, please put some of those plot details in your header, which could get your query solved faster.

When did you read it? We always need to know that.

message 3: by Divya (new)

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments While I can't think of anything offhand, something about your description makes me think of Diana Wynne Jones. Specifically her book Deep Secret, even though the plot is pretty different.

message 4: by Laurence (new)

Laurence Dorneles | 4 comments Thank you but that's not it. this is definitley adult fantasy.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Laurence wrote: "Thank you but that's not it. this is definitley adult fantasy."

Deep Secret was written for adults, although some of the characters were from her children's books.

message 6: by Laurence (new)

Laurence Dorneles | 4 comments got it, thank you. This novel is epic high fantasy. was a very complicated and difficult read because of all the strange names, titles etc... I never read the next book because at the time it felt onerous. I want to now but cant remember then title or author. Very frustrating! :(

message 7: by Laurence (new)

Laurence Dorneles | 4 comments Imajica

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Imajica? You found it? Good.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deep Secret (other topics)
Imajica (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diana Wynne Jones (other topics)