Christ is risen! Now what? discussion

Week 3: May 7-13 > Appearance to the disciples - question 2

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (last edited May 08, 2018 05:38PM) (new)

Rick Mills (rickmills9) | 35 comments Mod
Reading: 1 Corinthians 15

Continuing our discussion of our future resurrected bodies ... in this passage Paul seeks to explain how our future resurrection will work. Now some believers have been opposed to cremation after death, stating that they should not destroy the body, because they will need it again in the future! Paul specifically addresses the difference between the dead body and the resurrected body in 1 Corinthians 15: 42-49. Having read the passage, what are your feelings about cremation of a dead body? Will you need your body again? And what about having your body cryogenically frozen at the moment of death for some future earthly awakening?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Mills | 15 comments I believe I will not need my earthly body after I die. My desire is to have my body cremated. It is more environmentally friendly, and certainly less expensive than embalming and a full body burial. But, I accept that some people are uncomfortable with cremation. I found some additional information on this topic at http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions...

I do not believe that one's body will reawaken once it is cryogenically frozen. Once death has occurred, I do not believe the spirit returns to the body.

message 3: by Lorie (new)

Lorie Tweedy | 19 comments I feel the same way about not needing this body after I die and prefer cremation. What happens at that point will be in God's hands. For the same reason I don't see a reason to have the body cryogenically frozen.

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Mills (rickmills9) | 35 comments Mod
I have no objection to cremation. The body will disintegrate anyway, this is just speeding up the process. We won't need our old body again, as Paul clearly states in 1 Corinthians 15:35. I do not believe the cryogenic freezing is any use to prolonging life of someone with a terminal illness, although it seems to work ok for preserving eggs for infertility reasons.