Character Therapy discussion

Introduction

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

the_rabid_snail | 166 comments Mod
Introduce yourself here!

Crabby Constance (crabbyconstance) | 106 comments Mod
Hi guys! I'm Crabby, otherwise known as cat lover, tea drinker, book lover, and sometimes writer! One of my favorite things to do is drink Dr. Pepper, read a book, or mess around with characters and find more ways to kill their siblings! Nice to meet you. *shakes everybody's hand* *cleans hand with a wipe*

Hey, I'm Snail! I'm a huge nerd, an avid reader, an aspiring author, and the creator of CT. I live with four cats, books up to my ears, and a pile of fuzzy and weighted blankets a mile high. I'm convinced that Alias, The Office, and Lost are among the best shows to ever air on television, and Douglas Adams is my science fiction role model.
I'm always up for a friendly chat over a virtual cup of coffee or a roleplay scenario here or on other groups. I always say yes to roleplay requests if I have enough characters, so don't be afraid to ask!

message 4: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Good evening, everyone! My name is Garrison and I’m a self-published author of short stories, poems, and one pro-wrestling urban fantasy novella. I’m from Port Orchard, Washington (no, I don’t know where that is either). Outside of writing and reading, I like watching You Tube videos, drawing weird pictures of my characters, listening to heavy metal music, and taking photographs of my toys and my pets. The character I plan on taking to therapy is from an unpublished early draft novel called Beautiful Monster and he’s an elven warrior named Windham Xavier. Trigger warning: he’s a male rape victim, so his role-plays might be a little intense. Other than that, it’s nice to meet you all!

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Hi, I'm Anna. I'm a pretty big Fantasy nerd. I love reading and writing when I find time. Which being the mother of a toddler isn't exactly plentiful but I do try to make time for it when I can. My two favorite TV shows are Buffy and Avatar the Last Airbender. One of my favorite books that really got me into Fantasy even more is Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. :) I have a feeling that a lot of the characters I make could really use this group since I'm not exactly known for being kind to my characters. Hehe. They all have a lot of hardships to endure before they can earn a happy ending from me. Alas though I am a sucker for happy endings once everything is finally said and done and my characters have gone through enough. ;)

Hey! It’s so nice to meet you all, and we now actually have people with us. After a couple months of it just being Snail and I, it’s strange to have others join. We used to do this rp over email together all the time and it was hilarious, so we figured we’d bring it to gr. That said, I can’t wait to see what characters and other therapists are brought here.

Nice, I go by Snail online since I'm not exactly thrilled with my actual name lol. I hope you like the group, and Crabby (the other moderator) and I try to do our best to make sure no one gets left out! I do have an ongoing illness that does flare up occasionally, so at times I may be slow at replying but it's just because I'm unable to get to my computer :) Let us know if you have questions or if we can help you out in any way! Thanks for joining!

message 8: by Kylie ~ (new)

Kylie ~ Pirate Queen Sura Rose (pirate_queen) | 14 comments Hi, I'm Kylie! I've always loved fantasy and role playing. Life gets pretty busy for me, but I try to role play when I can! I've actually role-played with Anna for about 9-10 years now and I can vouch for her not being kind to her characters. XD

Hey, Kylie, nice to meet you. I’m Crabby, and have been rping for a pretty long time. The other mod is Snail. We’ve actually been doing this rp for a while and figured we’d bring it to gr. I think we’re all pretty not nice to our characters lol - at least on this group.

message 10: by Kylie ~ (new)

Kylie ~ Pirate Queen Sura Rose (pirate_queen) | 14 comments Crabby Constance wrote: "Hey, Kylie, nice to meet you. I’m Crabby, and have been rping for a pretty long time. The other mod is Snail. We’ve actually been doing this rp for a while and figured we’d bring it to gr. I think ..."

Nice to meet you, Crabby! I definitely look forward to this group - it seems very interesting. :) Oh most definitely lol.

message 11: by Kaleena (new)

Kaleena Schuette | 2 comments Hi im Kaleena have not rp in a group just with my friend on paper. I thought this would be a fun group to throw and idea out for a story im working on. 2 of them definitely need therapy. I also thought this will help me with my grammar as i have issues with it. I was in special ed for writing so i want to get better. happy that i join cant wait to see how this works.

message 12: by Crabby Constance (new)

Hey, nice to meet you. I’m Crabby, one of the mods. Rping in a group is a tad different; once you finish your character you have to post it in the approval thread to get it approved, and then you may post it in the finished characters thread. That’s pretty much the first step. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as I’m normally a few feet away from a phone or computer.

message 13: by Kaleena (new)

Kaleena Schuette | 2 comments Hey i was wondering what if you have 2 characters do you post them together or seperate?

message 15: by the_rabid_snail (new)

@Kaleena, either one is fine!

@Anna and Leyla, lovely to meet you both! Excited to rp and chat with you guys :)

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} Can I make a character that needs a psychotherapist or doctor without making a doctor, too?
I'm excited too!

message 17: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Definitely!