Character Therapy discussion

Chat

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

the_rabid_snail | 166 comments Mod
Chat about anything you care to here as long as it doesn't break the rules.

Welp.

Realized I never made Sebastian lol.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments So do all characters start in the waiting room?

Yes, they usually do. Or they could start off in the office of the therapist they're seeing if you want :)

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Torn. Waiting room seems like the right place to start, to get called in and all that, but it would also make the waiting room thread more cluttered. The waiting room also makes a little bit more work for the admins as well since then they have to go and address each character with a post to call them in for therapy. Guess the big question is, Do the therapists feel ready to see these characters? haha! If not I'll drop a post for each in the waiting room until they're ready. ;) Also some of the therapists might need more threads made for them since I'm not sure how many patients each already has waiting for them.

That's a good point about the waiting room. I may make multiple ones, but I'm not sure if I would give each therapist one, each user one, or group therapists together. If every therapist has their own that's just a lot of waiting rooms lol.
Yes, I'll let Crabby know about the office threads too. I'm just trying to multitask between three different groups rn, so sorry if I'm slow :)

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Maybe make two or three different waiting rooms but have certain therapists be for certain waiting rooms. Like if you're going to see Mairead you'll wait in the first one and if you're seeing Tenney you'll go to the third. Or something like that. Just a suggestion.

No worries. Honestly for as many groups as you have I feel you're going at a good pace and I'm in no hurry. :) Would you prefer me to post my character's at their therapist's already while you figure out the waiting room situation?

That's a pretty good idea. I think I'll do that actually.

Sure! That works for me :)

message 10: by Crabby Constance (new)

Crabby Constance (crabbyconstance) | 106 comments Mod
Hey, everyone. Sorry I didn’t see this earlier; I’m trying to work on Hay for Eldritch but it’s going pretty slow since I have to transfer everything to the Victorian era.

Anyway, since Marsh and Hay both have multiple patients, I’ll go create the adequate amount of offices for them. Feel free to post in whichever... I think Phaedra might be in the first one with Marsh but I’m not sure if Snail’s actually posted that yet.

message 11: by the_rabid_snail (new)

I've got to go for the night. Goodnight, all!

message 13: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Goodnight, Snail! You're doing an excellent job playing Mia! :)

message 14: by Kylie ~ (new)

Kylie ~ Pirate Queen Sura Rose (pirate_queen) | 14 comments Question: What places are characters able to interact with each other when they're not with their therapist/psychiatrist?

message 15: by Crabby Constance (last edited Aug 13, 2019 04:35AM) (new)

We were actually planning on making some locations, but it just completely slipped my mind since I’ve been so busy with everything else on here. I have one location in mind, but feel free to request some and I’ll try to get them up for you.

Unfortunately, I’ll be at school until 3:30 today, but this is the only day I have school every week - just letting you know for the future. I’ll try to get on when I get home.

Sharing apartments is probably fine, too. I don’t see a problem with it. I’ll consult Snail to see if she’s okay with it, and if it’s all good I’ll stick a request a roommate up in the apartment complex.

message 16: by Crabby Constance (new)

Okay, I’ll try to get maybe a park or something up soon but I have a few other things to do first. If you have a specific location in mind, I stuck a request a location up for that, but suggestions could go there too.

Make sure to check the announcements thread, everyone. I know making therapists is a bit more challenging, but it would really really help Snail and I out and make it more fun, too. No therapist has to be perfect either. I actually had to do a lot of fishing for who to convert into a therapist, and even then at least one of them should be in therapy herself.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day.

@Crabby, I'm hoping to make two therapists. I can't promise when I'll get them up as they're still at the bare bones of development in my mind but I do plan to make some to help out. :)

message 18: by Crabby Constance (new)

Yay, thank you so much!

message 19: by Crabby Constance (new)

Thank you both; it’ll be really helpful!

message 20: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) I'll consider making a therapist as well. I'm not promising anything since I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but I'll think about it.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Got my therapists complete! Hope you like them. :)

message 22: by Crabby Constance (new)

Yay, thanks!

Just as a side note, the psychiatric portion of this group is not officially up and running yet. I’m probably gonna wait until we have Snail back to start with it.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Welcome!

Alright, if anything I can edit Adam and say that he can do both if that's okay? That way he'll at least be usable.

message 24: by Crabby Constance (new)

Okay, that should be fine.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Alright, got him edited. Just waiting for approval for both when you get a chance. ;)

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments @Snail,
Good to see you back Snail! Hope you're feeling better.

message 27: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Thanks, Anna! I am feeling a little better today. I have a lot going on today, so I probably won't be getting any rp posts out until tonight.

message 28: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Thanks, guys! I'll be spotty until tonight, but I'll try to get some more locations up and finish some characters.

message 29: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Afternoon, everyone!
Also added a new (but optional) section to the patient forms if anyone wanted a separate section to put down any disorders their characters might have.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Good Afternoon! Hope you're still feeling better Snail. Hope everyone is having a good day. :)

message 31: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Thanks! How are you?

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments @Snail,
Doing all right. Can't believe how quickly this week went by. Just wish it was the week I was getting paid. Alas that's next week. Still unless my new second job calls I should hopefully be able to get in some posting this weekend. I feel like I have a lot to catch up on.
How are things going for you?

message 33: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Not too badly. I'm feeling a little bleh, but I'm hoping to finish my last two therapists soon and then some patients and then get my rp replies out lol. I have a long to-do list, and then I have to pop over to Eldritch lol.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 84 comments Aw, sorry to hear that. Hope you get feeling fully better again. That is quite the list. I wish you luck! I'm sure you'll pull it off at some point though no doubt you're hoping for sooner rather than later. ;) I'm sure it'll all be great once you do get it done. :) Are we still waiting for the possibility of more characters before we start Eldritch?

message 35: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Once I finish Abatha and/or Catherine we’ll start. Abatha will definitely be done by tonight, but she might not be as detailed as my other characters.

message 36: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Haha, me too. I'm fine with characters being in two places at once as long as it's not like they're in therapy at 4 on Tuesday and also at the beach at 4 on Tuesday. If they're in therapy at 4 on a Tuesday, just have them be on the beach during a different time on a Tuesday or a different day.

message 37: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Yes!

message 38: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Perhaps Windham could have a cat or a dog at his apartment. Snuggling up with fur babies is good for PTSD. ^_^

message 39: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Definitely!

I've got to go for the night. Goodnight, guys!

message 40: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) I hope things get better for you soon, Angel. I completely understand if you need time away for a while.

message 41: by Crabby Constance (new)

Hey, sorry I’ve been gone so long. I forgot how long it takes me to adjust back into school and being social, so right now I’m pretty much focused on finishing my last Eldritch Manor characters whenever I find time to write. Not sure when I’ll be back on officially, but I figured I should let y’all know.

message 42: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Thanks for the update, Constance. I'll be waiting patiently for your official return. Take care of your real world business and don't overwork yourself.