Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 95k lighthearted sci-fi

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Carlin | 30 comments Hi everyone,

I've got a 95k lighthearted sci-fi novel (specifically a space opera) called The Pacificsts, and I'd love to do a beta swap. This is my first attempt at something like this, but it's not my first round of beta reading on this project, so hopefully it's not too much of a slog ;)

I'm willing to read any genre. My notes may not be as useful on things like romance or horror, but I'm happy to give it a go. If nothing else I'm a decent proofreader.

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments Sencha a PM.

message 3: by Day (new)

Day Leitao (dayleitao) | 15 comments I sent a pm. Check if you got it.

message 4: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 128 comments Hi Kevin (and anyone else reading this),

I'm currently looking for beta swapper and critique partners for my 10K word sci-fi short story, and I came across your post. Here's a (very rough) blurb for my story:

We've all seen movies about brave explorers leaving Earth in search of new homes when the planet becomes uninhabitable. But what those that stay on Earth? What about those that get left behind? My story tackles that question, and follows a father and son as they try to carry on, and as they think about what to do next.

It sounds a little bleak, but hopefully I've made it positive and up-lifting. Anyway, I don't need any critique on the prose, as yet. That includes spelling and grammar issues. Those things can wait until a later draft. I want to get the bones of the story right beforehand. What I need help with now is someone who can pick out any problems with the story's plot, character, and pacing. In return, I'll look out for similar issues with your script.

As for anyone else reading this who happens to be interested, I'm available to beta swap and critique any genre, and a script of any length. I don't really read romance and erotica, as they're not really my cup of tea.

If this sounds up your alley then send me a private message.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kirk.