What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Favorite audio books of all time

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Karim | 54 comments Hi everyone, so, I recently signed up for kobo, and I am allowed to get one free audiobook. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I particularly love young adult contemporaries, and psychological thrillers. I don't want to waste my free book, so tell me your favorites and why.

message 2: by Aymee (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) | 38 comments I really enjoyed Geekerella as it was a nerdy retelling of Cinderella. The narrators were good as well and the male narrator had a very Nathan Fillion-like vibe to his voice that put me in mind of the TV show, Firefly, which fit with the storyline.

The other I really enjoyed was Allegedly. Although the ending kind of wrecked the book for me, listening to it in audio is captivating. The narrator has this very earnest quality to her voice that draws you in and puts you into the character.

That's about all I can offer since I don't listen to a lot of audiobooks. Although, I will say that if you're into comedy, Jim Gaffigan's books are HYSTERICAL (and mostly clean) on audio.

message 3: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 373 comments I love Ender's Game and the audiobook really brings it to life. Ender's Game

On the other hand, I wasn't completely taken in by Bucking the Sarge, until I listened to the audiobook. I love the droll voice of the main character. Bucking the Sarge

Aside comment: I also love Anne of Green Gables so much that I actually purchased 3 different readings of the book. They are vastly different, which surprised me. I dislike one of them completely. The other two are OK, but one is more my favorite. This also happened with the first Harry Potter book. I have the American version, the British version, the German version, and I had the French version. The first three are fine and each has its forte, but the French version was not to my liking at all.