Beautifully Written Fantasy & Science Fiction discussion

Recommendations > Fantasy Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Basil (new)

Basil Godevenos (basilgodevenos) | 135 comments Mod
Share your beautifully-written fantasy recommendations here! Please use the "add book/author" tool so we can see the cover.

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 17 comments Oh, hello this group, it's been a while! Here are some I've read in the time since the group was last active that I think fit the bill, separated into adult, YA, and middle grade.

Adult:
Under the Pendulum Sun by Jeannette Ng Under the Pendulum Sun by Jeannette Ng
Of Sorrow and Such by Angela Slatter Of Sorrow and Such by Angela Slatter
The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany
Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente

YA:
The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore

Middle Grade:
The Glass Town Game by Catherynne M. Valente The Glass Town Game by Catherynne M. Valente

message 3: by Basil (new)

Basil Godevenos (basilgodevenos) | 135 comments Mod
Awesome! Thanks Kelsey.

There's a list that collects books like these too, if you want to contribute :)

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith Jones (havingfaith) | 1 comments I don't think there is another author in the world today who writes more beautifuly than Lily Markova.
The Loneliest Whale by Lily Markova
Saskia's Skeleton by Lily Markova