Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ELMH (last edited May 11, 2018 04:36AM) (new)

ELMH | 5 comments Hey there,
I have been Beta reading and critique swapping for a few years now, and I love it. I am willing to read fully finished manuscripts or a few chapters or pieces of works-in-progress. I am flexible. I usually give fairly fast responses, depending on how finished your work is, how much feedback you are looking for, and how long your work is. The genres I prefer are romance, paranormal, fantasy, YA, NA, and Sci -Fi. If you have something you'd like me to look at let me know. I, also, prefer a direct message as opposed to replying to this post. Some of the notifications get lost on me and I don't realize anyone has responded.

message 2: by Trevor (last edited May 09, 2018 05:56AM) (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea.

Saviour: the making of a superhero

He’s an artist who creates superheroes…
But does he have the courage to become one?

Tempted?
T

message 3: by James (new)

James Ocean | 13 comments I have a fully completed Through the Portal Fantasy novel I am looking for a Beta reader for.

It's about a young girl and her Quadriplegic brother that end up in a high fantasy world. They don't know how they got there or how to get home. Until Destiny meets a goddess that might be able to lead them home. If she can gather the broken shards of the goddess.

If you are interested please let me know. Thanks for your time. Have a good day.

message 4: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (goodnessnwankpa) | 43 comments Hi ELMH,

I would be appreciative of your service. I am seeking feedback on the first 5,000 words of a vampire romance that I'm working on. Is it interesting? Does it catch readers' attentions.

Synopsis:

Maxwell's been enjoying and living life, well, as well as a dead vampire can live, with his bestfriend by his side. Then Athena returns. Athena who's the reason he became a vampire. Athena who broke his dead heart 300 years ago. Maxwell's been walking around without it ever since. But now that Athena returned, she just might find it and steal it again.

Thank you for your time.

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Connor I'm looking for someone to read the first almost 9,000 words of a book that I'm writing. It's a YA novel.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Blinston (andyblinston) | 4 comments I have a fantasy novel, 95k words.

It is like a mix of Jason Bourne and X-men in an ancient setting. PM me or email me at betas@andyblinston

Blurb:

How does a godlike warrior with amnesia know who to fight?

Darius’s only memory is bloody and harrowing. His mind has been stolen by the powerful Taksharu. And he wants it back.

He can fight with the god-like powers of an algus, but cannot tell friend from foe. All he knows is Taksharu has an army of algus hunting to take what’s left of his mind.

Who he was and why they want him, he doesn’t know. A mysterious algus named Lex alleges she can help him reclaim his memories, but can he trust her? As he flees from Taksharu through the war-torn empire, he questions who he really was. Is he ready to discover the horrifying truth?

message 7: by ELMH (new)

ELMH | 5 comments I am pretty swapped with reading for this month. But, if you still need a beta reader in June, I can check back with you.

message 8: by ELMH (new)

ELMH | 5 comments Sent you a dm, I have just enough time for a short beta read
Alicia wrote: "I'm looking for someone to read the first almost 9,000 words of a book that I'm writing. It's a YA novel."