What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Scifi Romance in Space

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Albertson | 1 comments I read this series about 10 years ago about a girl who grew up in the society where only one child in a family could live to a certain age and then the younger siblings had to either die (I think) or join the space military and basically go on suicide missions. The girl had a best friend (guy) who she practically loved who was also a younger sibling like her who was doomed to die young. They went on a space mission and were attacked by enemy ships and he was killed and she let out a telepathic feeling of grief so strong that the attacking ships decided to capture her and interrogate her. The man who interrogated her used his mind to look into hers to discover secrets about her military. She resisted him so strongly that he decided to keep her captive and they eventually fell in love.

message 2: by Juels (last edited May 08, 2018 12:52PM) (new)

Juels | 2566 comments Sounds interesting. Hope someone ids it.

message 3: by Aerulan (last edited May 08, 2018 01:30PM) (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Firebird by Kathy Tyres. However it's important to note that there's two versions, the author later found religion and republished the book with a very heavy Christian slant, so if you don't remember that element and want to reread, you'll need to find the original out-of-print version, rather than the more recent release by a Christian publishing house.

I linked to the old version's cover/edition but the descriptions for all editions seem to have been changed to the religious version.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40674 comments Mod
Rebekah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Was it "Firebird?"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Firebird (other topics)