Star Wars Book Club discussion

Discussion > Han Solo

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 8 comments Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions? This movie is right around the corner and we there doesn't seem to be any chatter in this group about it.

Personally, I am going to drop my concerns and look forward to another Star Wars movie. Donald Glover looks like he is going to shine as Lando.

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (jtefft) I can’t wait. I love Star Wars and refuse to have any concerns going into any of the new movies. I’m just going to sit back, relax and feel happy that we have so many new movies and books to enjoy.

Having said that, I’m very interested in how they tell this origin story and especially how they show us the beginnings of the Han/Chewbacca friendship. I hope they pull it off in a memorable way.

message 3: by Chad (new)

Chad | 12 comments I am beyond excited for this movie! Those folks at Lucasfilm have done a wonderful job at marketing this movie, books, toys, Denny’s! I really want to see the GOAT, Donald Glover work the screen as Lando, Woody, and I have faith in Alden. I hope this movie is great, and makes a lot of money. Solo’s success means more Star Wars anthology films, and I support this..... (Obi Wan: a Star Wars story, anyone???)

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 8 comments I'd love an Obi-Wan movie or something set during the old republic. Glad to see others as excited as I am. I hope this leads to more anthologies as well.

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (jtefft) Agreed, I will take an Obi-Wan and just about anything Old Republic related.

message 6: by N.E.C.C. (new)

N.E.C.C. | 59 comments To be honest, i've never wanted a young Han Solo movie nor i want a Yoda movie or a Boba Fett movie.
That being said, i started to get more and more excited with every trailer and tv spot that came out and now i can't wait. This movie looks like a great adventure movie set in the Star Wars universe.
The only thing i really don't like is that we'll have to wait till the end of 2019 for another one.

PS. BRING US THE OBI-WAN MOVIE!!!!!

message 7: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Twachtman (lizzietwachtman) | 186 comments Mod
Anthony wrote: "Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions? This movie is right around the corner and we there doesn't seem to be any chatter in this group about it.

Personally, I am going to drop my concerns and look forward ..."

OMG I'm so glad you started this!! I kept meaning to!

message 8: by Lizzie (new)

I have such mixed feelings. I really don't care about it from the trailers and am super on the fence about Alden as young Han cause...we know what a young Han is like and he isn't like Alden. But there are other things I think I'll like. Like Donald Glover as Lando, of course!!!
My main reservation is about Han having any kind of relationship, flirtation or romance with anyone who isn't Leia (even if it's with Khaleesi) I just don't wanna see it. But I'm trying not to let that sway me completely from being excited about a new Star Wars movie.

I love the Star Wars. It just doesn't feel like a Star War to me.
But I'm really with @N.E.C.C. I want that Obi-Wan movie because....so much yes...and the continuity will be so on point!!!!

message 9: by Lizzie (new)

Chad wrote: "I am beyond excited for this movie! Those folks at Lucasfilm have done a wonderful job at marketing this movie, books, toys, Denny’s! I really want to see the GOAT, Donald Glover work the screen as..."

I want that Obi-Wan movie so badly!!!! Give it to us! Take our money!!!!

message 10: by Jake (new)

Jake | 1 comments I also really want an Obi-wan movie. I don't know how I would feel about a standalone Boba Fett movie, but a bounty hunter team up would be cool. Solo is one I am super excited for now and I've read last shot, reviewed it on my blog (kingofvideogames202.blogspot.com) I also covered the solo characters which are super cool especially Lando,

message 11: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 8 comments Looks like Boba Fett is next.

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.co...

message 12: by Lizzie (new)

I wish they'd use Daniel Logan for young Boba Fett. Cause he has grown up and would suit the part. I don't know that he's stayed in acting, so maybe it wouldn't work. but in my head canon it would for sure!!

I still want the Kenobi movie way more than the Boba Fett movie.

message 13: by N.E.C.C. (new)

N.E.C.C. | 59 comments Anthony wrote: "Looks like Boba Fett is next.

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.co..."

James Mangold being the director is a good choice but i'm still not interested in this. I need to hear more about it.
I hope they make it more like a bounty hunter movie intead of focusing only in Boba Fett.

Liz wrote: "I wish they'd use Daniel Logan for young Boba Fett. Cause he has grown up and would suit the part. I don't know that he's stayed in acting, so maybe it wouldn't work. but in my head canon it would ..."

I don't know if he was constant with his acting carrer. I'm not againts your idea but i hope they cast the right person.
Also, i don't want to see his face, i don't want Boba Fett to take his helmet off.

message 14: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 57 comments I liked this movie. I thought it was well done.

message 15: by Chad (new)

Chad (chadjohnson) | 4 comments Has anyone read the novelization of The Last Jedi?

The Last Jedi novelization says that the dice are the ones Han used to win the Falcon... c'mon... surely when they wrote the novelization of The Last Jedi, they had already wrote the script for Solo...

From The Last Jedi Novel:
Ben as a toddler, forever following Han. Carrying the dice from the Millennium Falcon — the ones his father had used to win the beloved, battered freighter — and promising anyone who’d listen that one day he would be a pilot, too, like his daddy.

Seems like more than just a minor oversight since in the movie Solo, Han had those dice from nearly the very first scene in the movie when he gave them to Kira, and there's not really a suggestion that he used the dice during the sabacc game...

Maybe, I'm just a big nerd ... ;)

message 16: by Spencer (new)

Spencer Roberts | 9 comments Chad wrote: "Has anyone read the novelization of The Last Jedi?

The Last Jedi novelization says that the dice are the ones Han used to win the Falcon... c'mon... surely when they wrote the novelization of The ..."

it's simply that we didn't see them being used on screen. They wanted to wrap the end up quickly, and so didn't want explain to us "Correlian Spike", which was a variant of a game most people even knew existed.

message 17: by GodzillaGus (new)

GodzillaGus | 2 comments I just saw the movie yesterday. I was really impressed with how Lando was portrayed. The actors even had the voice down with his speech pattern!
The movie felt all like fun and games, until the end. Then it got serious. All in all, a pretty fun movie.