What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1)
This topic is about Nobody's Princess
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fictional young adult novel about a noble girl who rejects her womanly roles and sets off on adventure of her own she joins her brothers on a hunt for a wild boar with a bow?? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie | 2 comments I believe this was published between 2000-2012 and is part of a series. If i remember correctly it was like some sort of adaptation of Helen of Troy or maybe in that same time period. She was a teenager when the story was written and she had a bow and came from a noble or royal family. She had a few brothers and once when their family hosted a hunt for a wild boar where a lot of men came she went out and joined them. In one of the books she joined in on a ship to sail to a city where there was something important going on. They were sitting on a beach one night when they had docked when she got her monthly woman surprise and it was this big deal.

message 2: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments Joining men on a wild boar hunt (possibly the Calydonian Boar) sounds like a version of the myth of Atalanta.

message 3: by Allie (new)

Allie | 2 comments Thank you for your tip about the boar hunt I figured out the book from that... It is Nobody's Princess by E. Friesner

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36503 comments Mod
Glad Alexis could help you find your book, Allie. Here's the link - Nobody's Princess by Esther M. Friesner.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nobody's Princess (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Esther M. Friesner (other topics)