Buddy Reads > Michaele and Samantha's 2018 Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 793 (793 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments First up - Pucked, Helena Hunting

Start tomorrow?

Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Yes tomorrow we are on!!!

message 3: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I listened to the first 4 chapters. Enjoying it so far, it's made me laugh a few times. It sounds like the next chapter will be from his POV which I'm looking forward to. I also kinda like her brother- I didn't think I would at first, but I liked that he got protective of her.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I have to start when I get home this evening.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Good to know you like it so far.

message 6: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments :) Hopefully you'll like it too!

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I am with you finally. I like it so far. She is a bit immature. I have to realize she is 22 years old.

My eyes nearly glossed over at the sports part. Since I am not normally a sports fan or sports romance fan, it doesn't appeal.

Now he is kind of quirky. I can tell. Let's see how he and the mammoth goes. Lol.

message 8: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments She does seem super young. Maybe because of her relationship with her mom.

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Michaele wrote: "She does seem super young. Maybe because of her relationship with her mom."

Yes exactly.

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I am warming up more to the story. I like his POV better. I just finished chapter 8.

message 11: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I just started for today. Are you listening or reading?

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Reading this. Dont have the audio. I went to work at 11 today because I had to wait for the repair guy. So i read my chapters. Otherwise I would still be trying to read.

message 13: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I just caught up with you.

I was just wondering what you thought of the man narrator's voice. It's not very manly and the accent is a little strange, it could just be me. Still liking it though!

I hope all went well with the repair guy.

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Hmmm. Maybe because he is from Canada? The character. Lol.

Everything was good.

Do you want to do more or is this a good place to stop.

message 15: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments This is a good place to stop.

I'm guessing he's going for a Canadian accent, but he just sounds kinda nerdy. It's a little odd.

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Haha. That makes me laugh.

message 17: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I finished chapter 13. I'm still liking it and it's making me laugh, though there have been a couple places that were TMI.

I'm glad she agreed to go to coffee with him, I hate it when books drag out the non-communication bit.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I haven't even read it.

message 19: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments Whoops, sorry, I probably should have done that as a spoiler.

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Lol. No worries.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I forgot to come back in and say that I did catch up.

Now that they smooth out the communication issues, had more sex, I wondering where is this going.

message 22: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments How far do you want to read today? I started listening, but didn't get very far.

message 23: by Samantha (last edited May 12, 2018 01:24PM) (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I just got to chapter 18 but haven't started it. Is that a good place to leave off?

message 24: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments Sounds good! I'll aim for there too.

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok great. Then tomorrow we can start fresh on chapter 18.

Let me know when you finish chapter 17. I have a few things to mention here but I want you to catch up.

message 26: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments ok, caught up, what were you going to say?

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I do like Buck. I wish the author would develop him more. I can see past the manwhore. His need for acceptance and family. This is not his story so we can't linger.

I wonder how these two get caught in all of this stuff. The whole locker room thing was crazy.

I am glad that they are finally out in the open.

message 28: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments The locker room thing was definitely crazy!

I think Buck has a crush on her. The next book in the series is about him. Butterson is an unfortunate last name.

Do you think the gift giving is a little over the top. I know he has a lot of money, but it seems a bit desperate.

message 29: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Omg. That name is so bad. I don't get crush from him. Just a real need to have a sister.

Yes the gift giving is a bit much. 1,000 Victoria Secret gift card.

message 30: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I see what you mean about the sister thing.

Victoria Secret is rather expensive. But yes, 1000 is too much.

message 31: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments It is expensive but still. That wasn't the only gift.

message 32: by Samantha (last edited May 12, 2018 04:01PM) (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I am at the point in the story since we are more than halfway through that I need the emotional connection to kick in. The sex is all cute and fun but I want to know why they are getting the HEA. Does that make sense?

message 33: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments Yes, it totally does. It's still pretty surface.

message 34: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Exactly. Need more than the beaver and snuffie stuff. Hopefully we get it soon now that they are out.

message 35: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I finished chapter 22. I was thinking since we had 10 chapters left we could do 5 today and 5 tomorrow if you were cool with that. Though things get tense at the end of 22 so we might want to keep going- let me know what you think :)

Both of their mothers are crazy.

message 36: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok sounds like a plan.

message 37: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments You must be into this story.

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments How are you feeling with the story?

message 39: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I guess it's good that we're seeing some of their insecurities, so it feels slightly more than surface, but it still doesn't really feel like we know them very well if that makes sense.

message 40: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Yes. I don't know about this story. It is not wowing me. Lol. Am I being too harsh? Enjoyable but not very memorable which surprised me because I really liked some of her other books.

message 41: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments This is my first book of hers. I agree, it's ok, but not particularly memorable.

Finish tomorrow?

message 42: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Her Shacking Up series is better. I guess because they are older.

Yes let's finish up tomorrow.

message 43: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments I'll be sure to check out that series.

message 44: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments It still has the humor but they act more appropriate...I guess.

message 45: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments The in-depth examination of his "monster" was a bit much.

message 46: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Michaele wrote: "The in-depth examination of his "monster" was a bit much."

Lol. Yes. If I hear beaver or snuffie again, I will die.

Too much focus on private parts.

message 47: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments So true! I think it's telling that he asked he boobs out on a date - the relationship is all about sex, its like their private parts have a relationship and the people don't.

message 48: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments The private parts are in the relationship. They... mostly she refer to them as separate entities.

message 49: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4753 comments So, the non-communication thing that seems so common in romance novels really annoys me, but do you think in this case it's justified? I'm still annoyed that she won't hear him out, I get that she's trying to protect herself, but still...

message 50: by Samantha (last edited May 14, 2018 07:02AM) (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I just finished this morning because I won't be able to get to it later.

So I agree about the non communication thing. She dragged that out too long. It was a plow to bring drama in the book.

The ending kind of annoyed me. The penis thing. Just wait until you read it. It was just enough already. Enough. They only known each other for a few months. So it made it unrealistic to me.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16