Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Authors General Chat > You know you're a writer when...

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Hahahahahah!

The tumbleweeds and the final pic are my favs!

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) They're all so true.

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) So much.

The other day I saw a cute internet meme on FB.

You know your a writer because you just flinched.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) Someone sent me an email recently, it included instructions for something menial that I already knew how to do, but they ended it with 'wella.' I had to delete it, and then delete it from deleted because I wanted to correct her. IT'S VOILA DAMN IT! There, I said it. Now I feel better.

Yes, I am a writer.

Seriously, though, I make my share of mistakes, and I did get a good laugh at that.

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Ow. I think even non-writers would correct that one. It's not even in the right language.

I think we have to make mistakes so that we can enjoy the humor :)

message 7: by Renee E (new)

Renee E | 395 comments Anne wrote: "Someone sent me an email recently, it included instructions for something menial that I already knew how to do, but they ended it with 'wella.' I had to delete it, and then delete it from deleted b..."

LMAO! I never would have figured out what she was trying to say!

message 8: by Katheryn (new)

Katheryn Avila (katheryn_avila) These are so true! Except I lose track somewhere around 60% lol

message 9: by Eva (new)

Eva Vanrell (evavanrell) | 364 comments Those are great! I'm posting that link on FB tomorrow morning... :)

message 10: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) So funny...and so true!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Roberts | 616 comments #30...oh writing, you double edged sword you...salvation and damnation all rolled into one. lol

message 12: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) #5 and #30 resonate the most strongly with me. Should I be worried? Should my DH?

message 13: by Alan (new)

Alan Black | 6 comments I knew I needed to start writing my story out when my wife would explain to me what happened through the day and her plans for tomorrow but all I could think about was how my character Pike was going to get out of that mess he's in.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyles (gobbledygook) | 81 comments That was so funny! It also makes me feel kind of bad that it's so true. :)

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) I have to sit on an international sales conference for the company I work for. I can usually zone to a certain degree, but someone designated me to be the official note taker this time. That means I have to really pay attention instead of visualizing the next scene for my book. :( say a prayer for me.

message 16: by Alan (new)

Alan Black | 6 comments Good luck, you'll need it :)

message 17: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) Seriously. I;m going to pull a number 32.

message 18: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Testa | 12 comments This was brilliant! and I ended up nodding along and agreeing with all of them...
#18 - 'I swear I'm not a serial killer'. I find myself having to profess this waaay too much . Not quite sure people always believe me.

message 19: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Everson (authorthomaseverson) I love the whole list, but I haven't received a bad review yet to enrage over, haha. Soon, I'm sure of it.

message 20: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments Lolz, I agree with the entire list. I do all those crazy things being a writer. XD

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments really needed this and laughed my head off :)

message 22: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Pertaining to number 5 on the list...

A little crude but LMAO

message 23: by Renee E (new)

Renee E | 395 comments That, E.G., is the definition of epicnicity.

message 24: by Eva (new)

Eva Vanrell (evavanrell) | 364 comments That's awesome. I'm stealing that pic *sneaks away all sneaky-like*

message 25: by Gem (new)

Gem Larkspur (gemsl) | 64 comments @Anne - ROFL & 2 and 3 are so me right now!
@ EG - I hurt myself laughing. IHML? Is that a real abv?

message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) I still laugh every time I read them.

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 1890 comments Mod
I know I'm about author when I'm reading and noticed the author really likes "unbidden" - like twice a chapter awesome.

message 28: by Courtney (new)

50Shades man...

message 29: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments I'm a writer. I nodded at all those things on the list. Despite my constant bitching, I do all those things -_-

message 30: by Eva (new)

Eva Vanrell (evavanrell) | 364 comments I was wondering where the "unbidden" comment came from in the other thread! *scribbles it down in the black list*

message 31: by Courtney (new)

It's insane how limited a vocabulary seems when you use the same SAT words about ten times in a book. "Trepidation" Unbidden" - things like that should be used a handful and multiple chapters apart. Not enough where it distracts people.
I swear my rough draft is getting word searched for verbose repetition.

message 32: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 519 comments Courtney wrote: "It's insane how limited a vocabulary seems when you use the same SAT words about ten times in a book. "Trepidation" Unbidden" - things like that should be used a handful and multiple chapters apar..."

lolz, i hate when that happens.