YALMC #SharedRead discussion

Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda > Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by YALMC (new)

YALMC | 25 comments Mod
Welcome to the spoilery section of Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda! This thread will be full of spoilers. You've been warned!

First things first, did you enjoy the book?

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (bookishwondergoth) The number of times I've welled up reading this book so far is really quite astonishing. So much second-hand embarrassment and cringe from all the blackmail and bullying!! Every single Simon comes out to someone he loves I get emotional. I'm on page. 228 - when Abby and Nick take Simon to a gay bar/restaurant/whatever.

I think if any of my friends tried to set me up with people the way Simon friends seem to CONSTANTLY be trying to do after he came out as gay, I'd hit 'em. Jesus Christ, LET THE BOY BE.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (bookishwondergoth) Forgot to mention... I finished this book! I absolutely adored it. It made me well up and sob so much, and hit close to home so many times (I am bisexual and have gay and bisexual friends, some of whom I grew up with in secondary/high school). It took me a while to get used to the modern, quite choppy writing style but once things started happening I couldn't stop. I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. I can't wait to read 'Leah on the Offbeat'.

What did you guys think?

x

message 4: by Masooma (new)

Masooma | 26 comments S.E. Berrow wrote: "Forgot to mention... I finished this book! I absolutely adored it. It made me well up and sob so much, and hit close to home so many times (I am bisexual and have gay and bisexual friends, some of ..."

I am glad that you could relate to the book and enjoyed it too. I finished re-reading this book last night. And I am happy to say that my love for it is still intact. it is one of the best contemporary reads. I loved the author's writing! Can't wait to read Leah :)

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I saw the film first and finally read the book really quickly last night. I love both- while there are naturally some changes in the film, it still really got the main parts of the book right. Can't wait to read Leah on the Offbeat! :)

message 6: by Sally (new)

Sally (bookishwondergoth) I really want to see the film!

message 7: by Masooma (new)

Masooma | 26 comments S.E. Berrow wrote: "I really want to see the film!"

Me too!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I absolutely loved the book and the movie! I was really happy with the Blue reveal- I never expected it to be Bram when I was reading it but then it made perfect sense. I'm dying to read more about them as a couple so I'm planning on reading Leah On The Offbeat soon :)

message 9: by Masooma (new)

Masooma | 26 comments Sarah wrote: "I absolutely loved the book and the movie! I was really happy with the Blue reveal- I never expected it to be Bram when I was reading it but then it made perfect sense. I'm dying to read more about..."

Leah is great! I just finished it over the weekend and it's a good read. I hope you enjoy it too :)