Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > [CLOSED] BETA READERS NEEDED: 61k Contemporary Romance

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (missswatihegde) | 133 comments A few months ago, I was here requesting beta readers for my NA contemporary, Always You. Great response, got some amazing feedback, but I've decided to focus now on a different novel: Love Thy Neighbour.

LTN is set in India, in the year 2020, but I'm actually looking for TWO UK/US/foreign beta readers, as I'm hoping to pitch internationally this time. I already have an Indian beta reader in mind.

Here's the plot blurb (very rough):

A story of love, friendship, mental illness and everything in between.

Meghna’s never had it easy: no mother, no friends in the city, no job to pay the bills, terrifying memories of her first and only relationship... not to mention the horror that is her bipolar disorder. All she has is her second identity as Maggie the YouTuber and a roommate she loves to pieces.

She can’t manage to shake off the fear that her abusive ex-boyfriend will come back for her. Her episodes of hypomania and depression occur every month, and even therapy and medication don’t seem to be working. Her feelings for her next-door neighbour Aditya are blooming, and perhaps he’s the knight in shining armour she’s always wanted.

But when will Meghna realise that the only person who can save her is herself?

I am not looking for any editorial feedback on grammar or formatting at present. Just story, writing, dialogue, plot, subplots, pacing, description, etc. I have a standard beta report that I'd like you to fill out (along with some story-specific questions). It would be great if you could preferably finish reading the manuscript by the end of the month (maybe June 1st?).

Please reach out to me at swati.geekediting@gmail.com with the subject 'Beta Reader - Love Thy Neighbour', stating your rates, turnaround time and availability.

Thanks, guys! Can't wait to get started.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (chris83) | 78 comments Sent you an email but copying it here as well.

Hi Swati,

I'm available right away and could get it back to you in two or three days. I charge $1 per 1k words. Here is my website: https://krisbradleyeditor.wordpress.com/ I'm American and have experience with other cultures. I like reading about mental illness and disability since I struggle with those things myself. I'm really bored right now so I hope you pick me!

Kris

message 3: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (missswatihegde) | 133 comments Hey Kris,

Replied to your email!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Holton (lauren_holton) | 9 comments Hi!

I'm interested if you're looking for another reader!

message 5: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (missswatihegde) | 133 comments Lauren wrote: "Hi!

I'm interested if you're looking for another reader!"

Hey Lauren,
Already found my betas! But I'll keep you in mind for next time. Thanks!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Holton (lauren_holton) | 9 comments Thanks Swati! I appreciate it!

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara  (goodreadscomliterarybird29) | 23 comments Hi Swati,

I sent you an email as well!

-Sara