Who's Your Author? discussion

Shelly Laurenston
This topic is about Shelly Laurenston
Author of the Month > May AOM Shelly Laurenston

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4057 comments The author of the month for May is Shelly Laurenston who is also G.A. Aiken.

Originally from Long Island, New York, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be.

Laurenston has two different websites:
www.shellylaurenston.com
www.gaaiken.com

This thread can be used to discuss any book by Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken. If you have never read anything by this author or it has been a while I would encourage you to pick up a book and let us know how it goes.

Here are the books that she currently has released under Shelly Laurenston:

Mangus Pack
Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2) by Shelly Laurenston Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3) by Shelly Laurenston

Pride Series
The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3) by Shelly Laurenston The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) by Shelly Laurenston Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7) by Shelly Laurenston Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8) by Shelly Laurenston Bite Me (Pride, #9) by Shelly Laurenston

Call of Crows
The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1) by Shelly Laurenston The Undoing (Call of Crows, #2) by Shelly Laurenston The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3) by Shelly Laurenston

The Gathering
Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1) by Shelly Laurenston

Honey Badger Chronicles
Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1) by Shelly Laurenston

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 612 comments I am caught up on both the Pride series and the Call of Crows series. I haven't bought or read the other two books/series.

message 3: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) I was planning to start the Pride series this month!

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3122 comments This is one of my favorite authors. I love the humor and violence in her books.

message 5: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4550 comments She's one of my favourites as well. I've got them all & all the G.A. Aiken books as well. As Darcy said, humour & violence wins every time.

She was one of the first ebook authors I ever read, with Mangus Pride then Hunting Season.

And not forgetting dragons with G.A. Aiken :)

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3122 comments Sandra wrote: "She's one of my favourites as well. I've got them all & all the G.A. Aiken books as well. As Darcy said, humour & violence wins every time.

She was one of the first ebook authors I ever read, with..."

You are right Sandra, the Aiken books are just as good. It seems odd that humor and violence would work in romance books, but with her it does.

message 7: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) Darcy wrote: "This is one of my favorite authors. I love the humor and violence in her books."

Well, those are all the right words...

message 8: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4550 comments Yep, my two favourite things, if its just violence it certainly doesn't work as well. Can in fact turn grim.

And if its just humour it can easily turn into Queen Betsy, which doesn't work in the long term either.

message 9: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) Hear, hear!