Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please Add

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments ASIN: B004TR6BBC
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

There is a free/generic cover available from Amazon with page count of 126 pages.
https://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-sear...

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments Bumping

message 3: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23412 comments The cover on Amazon is not a real cover, so it seems to me like going backwards to remove one that was published on the book at some point.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22179 comments Abcdarian wrote: "... to remove one that was published on the book at some point."

I doubt that was an actual cover for the Kindle edition once. It was uploaded in February 2012, after all data coming from Amazon were removed. There were suspicious cover uploads from that time (giving all Kindle editions for classics the same cover, including some where the bot also changed the title from a foreign language to an English one; or giving all editions (regular editions and easy reading editions) all the cover for the easy reading edition.)

Otherwise I do agree with your conclusion. And since we can't prove this cover didn't exist at some point, it will have to stay anyway.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments I'm confused. I need to to get the generic cover added. It's on Amazon. I bought this book and that's the cover that is shown from Amazon.

So not sure how it isn't a "real cover". And many books that have this type of generic cover are not uncommon on kindle versions, nor on Goodreads.

message 6: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11545 comments In the past that type of cover was used as placeholder and not the actual cover, so it is rather new information for me (an I suppose also for Arenda) that those are really used on books.

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23412 comments Is it on the actual kindle edition or just on the ad on Amazon?

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Is it on the actual kindle edition or just on the ad on Amazon?"

It's an actual kindle edition. If you follow the link, it will take you to it. And you can purchase it for 0.00 to verify that this is indeed the cover you get when you buy it.

message 10: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23412 comments Leaving for rivka or someone to make the determination.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45482 comments Mod
It is the actual cover that you get when you download the Kindle book. Not sure what the question is.

message 12: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23412 comments The question is whether to replace the existing cover with this one.

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45482 comments Mod
It would qualify for an ACE.

message 14: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments Bumping.

message 15: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

message 16: by Kakha (new)

Kakha (kakha_k) | 121 comments What does the Rivka's statement mean, who knows?
What we should do with this cover?

message 17: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

message 18: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments Bumping again

message 19: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

message 20: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) | 570 comments Bumping one more time. Then I'll create a new thread for this in case it's being passed over because of all the discussion.