YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Fat Chance
This topic is about Fat Chance
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Fat Chance, by Nick Spalding - starting May 8th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments Description: Meet Zoe and Greg Milton, a married couple who have let themselves go.

Zoe was a stunner in her high school days, but the intervening decades have added seventy pounds, and removed most of her self-esteem.

Greg's rugby-playing days are well and truly behind him, thanks to countless beers and fast food.

When Elise, a radio DJ and Zoe's best friend, tells them about a new competition, it seems like the perfect opportunity to turn their lives around. Fat Chance will pit six hefty couples against one another to see who can collectively lose the most weight and walk away with a large cash prize.

So begins six months of abject misery, tears, and frustration—that just might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to them—in another laugh-out-loud look at the way we live now from bestselling author Nick Spalding.

Jennifer | 3551 comments 15 % - Greg seems like a good guy - he'd do anything for Zoe, AWWW! (view spoiler)

34% - (view spoiler)

I've been laughing so hard as I listen to this! My kids keep giving me strange looks as I bust out with chuckles listening thru my headphones while driving the carpool.

Jennifer | 3551 comments 60% - (view spoiler)

84% - (view spoiler)

Finished - (view spoiler) I guess the main point is that I did laugh - a LOT - perhaps I will look into another of this author's books. We can always use a few more laughs in life, right?

Alaina (ameserole) Just started this audio - it's hilarious!

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 2: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 4: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 9: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Finished: (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I'm glad you liked it too!

Alaina (ameserole) I’m pumped to listen to the next book tomorrow. It’s mad love right?

Jennifer | 3551 comments Yep! It was pretty funny too - not quite as good as this one, but still good. I'm looking forward to the ones we have by Nick next month too

Alaina (ameserole) Same!! Especially after loving this one 😍😍