WoTaLong (Wheel of Time Readalong) discussion

The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
This topic is about The Fires of Heaven
The Fires of Heaven > May Week 2: 12-28 Spoiler Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (Bedtime Bookworm) (last edited May 20, 2018 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade (Bedtime Bookworm) (bedtimebookworm) | 124 comments Mod
Remember these are spoilery discussions - so stay away unless you've finished this section! Also, please keep spoilers to the things we know in this section of the book.

What are your thoughts on this section of The Fires of Heaven?

Need a reminder? Here are the chapter summaries.

My favorite parts of this section were Chapter 19 where Morgase finally comes to her senses (one of my favorite storylines) and the chapters in Salidar (which begins another of my favorite storylines). The time Nynaeve and Elayne spend with the menagerie is some of my less enjoyable sections. The interactions (mostly bickering) between Nynaeve and Elayne frustrates me to no end!

Happy reading!

Scott Flicker | 107 comments These chapters seemed mostly about story development.

Jade (Bedtime Bookworm) (bedtimebookworm) | 124 comments Mod
I agree Scott, there is a lot of laying groundwork and character development in this section that makes the plot feel slowed down. Luckily, as someone who loves the characters and world, I didn't mind but i noticed the slow in pacing.

Austin Sheldon | 1 comments I agree also with Scott and Jade, though I wonder how some of the small actions in these chapters will expand in the future, including Bryne's Link. Wonderful books