Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

The American Deluge
This topic is about The American Deluge
Self-Promotion > International Thriller Writers Organization

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Uri (last edited May 08, 2018 04:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uri Norwich | 4 comments "International Thriller Writers Organization" admits Uri Norwich in its elite 4000-writer-member's ranks.
It is an honor and a privilege that International Political Espionage novel "The American Deluge" deserved such recognition. It was originally written in 2014 and made into an Audio-book last December (2017).
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 67 comments Congratulations, Uri! That must feel good.

message 3: by Jean (new)

Jean Great! Good for you.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1711 comments Mod
Congratulations, Uri!

Please keep in mind that this is the Historical Mysteries Group and self-promotion should be limited to this genre. There are other groups for modern political thrillers.

Many thanks,
Lauren

message 5: by Uri (last edited May 08, 2018 04:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uri Norwich | 4 comments I thank you ladies for warm words.
Just another short comment. Although my novel writing is not my proffession ( I come from "Wall Street"), a recognition by proffessional writers' organization in the genre should give hope to amature wtiters as long as a story they write about connects to reality, to people's lives. Just a year and a half ago, it would be impossible since my writing wasn't PC during previous administration. Sincerely, UN

message 6: by Uri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uri Norwich | 4 comments Lauren wrote: "Congratulations, Uri!

Please keep in mind that this is the Historical Mysteries Group and self-promotion should be limited to this genre. There are other groups for modern political thrillers.

Hi Lauren,
I appreciate your comment.
However, my novel is a pure Historical Mystery. Although it starts in modern-day Washington D.C, it takes reader all the way back to WWI, through WWII into today. The events of dirty politics and dirty money made through it having a direct effect on our lives today. Respectfully, UN.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Hi Uri,

While I understand your reasoning, your book is not a pure Historical Mystery as it pertains to this group. A historical mystery does not include portions set in the present as yours does.

I am not going to get into a debate over this. Our group is dedicated to historical mysteries set entirely in the past (50 years at least).

If you write a book meeting these criteria, you are more than welcome to promote it in the appropriate folder.

The rules of the group are for the benefit of authors and readers alike.

Thank you for your understanding.
Lauren

message 8: by Uri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uri Norwich | 4 comments Lauren, I really appreciare your explanation. UN

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Uri wrote: "Lauren, I really appreciare your explanation. UN"

No problem.
Good luck with your book :)