Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VI > Team Luna Lovegood

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,430 (1430 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 29, 2018 08:17PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31634 comments Mod
 photo 4CED9DE8-3A91-492A-B6EA-D4678EB78089_zps5d99z5kq.jpeg

Nikk (Captain)
Nicole P (Co-Captain)
Tati
Alexa
Alanna
Kimberly
Sally906
Vanessa
Karen
Lisa - Aussie Girl
Alexis
Lucy
JoLene
Trisha
Barbara

Elise

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 8: by Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited May 12, 2018 03:48PM) (new)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments

◈ Starts May 12th, at Midnight (WEST Time) and goes for almost 12 weeks, ending on July 31th (Harry Potter's birthday).

◈ Those people who want to keep their Profiles Private, must be willing to "Friend"
their Team Captain(s), the NBRC Mod account, or one of the Moderators, to allow
page count verification and to assist you if you are having difficulty with your
bookshelves.

◈ Teams will be similar in size to other Tower Teams or Wheelathon challenges. We haven't decided on the exact number, as we are going by books read, but we are shooting for 10-20 members.

◈ Books must be started after the start date of the challenge to count towards the challenge

◈ Books must be />100 pages. NOTE: This number is lower than our other team challenges!
For page number questions, please check with your captain who can ask in the Captains group for verification.

◈ Audio books are allowed. (For page numbers, use the "default" GR book page numbers. If the "default" is a Large Print version, use the next most popular edition for page numbers)

◈ No graphic novels, cookbooks or poetry. (Sorry.)

◈ Anything with the word" boxed set" in the title on Goodreads can not be used as "one book". They need to be shelved as separate books to count for this challenge.

◈ No children's books less than 25,000 words.ArBookFind is a great site to double check. If in doubt, ask your captain. Another rule of thumb is the audiobook version should be over 3 hours.

◈ Any book in any language will count, as long as it meets the criteria.

◈ "Re-reads" will be allowed, if it has been six months since you have read the book. This includes listening to the audio version, if you've already read the book.

◈ This challenge involves adding a special bookshelf to your personal
GRs bookshelves other than "read." You may choose a preexisting one.

◈ Please wait to be told to which Team you are assigned. It might take awhile; however,
you will be able to count the books you have read from the START date of the challenge.

◈ Once you actually join, please check-in with your team discussion thread by posting the name of your bookshelf.
Remember to add a HYPHEN between words for your bookshelf.

◈ Helpful Tip: Knowing about Sticky Shelves may help you put your assigned
bookshelf near the top of your dropdown box.

◈ With MOBILE DEVICES there have been major problems when trying to
add books. If that is all you have to access the Internet, or you don't know how to Cut & Paste
on it, then this challenge probably is NOT the right fit for you.

◈ Discussion threads will be in the regular NBRC group. (No secret groups allowed this time)

◈ You do NOT have to join the discussion, if you don't want to; communicating
via posting a book is good enough. Nevertheless, Your Team wants to know if you are
still participating. We understand Real Life gets in the way. However, please plan to
"check-in" in some manner at least once every week. If we don't hear from you for two weeks, you may be replaced with another team member

message 9: by Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited May 12, 2018 03:50PM) (new)

◈ For reading books
Books between 100 and 160 pages (100 pages or 25,000 words is the minimum) = 5 points
Books between 161 pages and 350 pages = 20 points
Books between 351 and 500 pages = 40 points
Books between 501 and 650 pages = 60 points
Books between 651 and 800 pages = 80 points
Books between 801 and 900 pages = 100 points
Books over 901 pages = 130 points

◈ For current BOM (Book of the Month) discussions
Writing a day's worth of discussion questions = 40 points
Participating in a current BOM (participating in discussion) = 20 points
NOTE: We will accept one team member per book per team for writing a days DQs. If, by three days prior to the BOM starting, we don't have enough volunteers to write all DQs, then we will let more than one team member per team write questions. If we have more people than days sign up (prior to 3 days before start date) we will randomise the volunteers to determine those who can write DQs

◈ For NBRC Buddy Reads
Participating in a buddy read with a member from a different team, or with a member of NBRC who isn't on a Tower Team = 30 points
Participating in a Harry Potter buddy read with a member from a different team, or with a member of NBRC who isn't on a Tower Team = 40 points

◈ Classes and Spells
We're going to attend classes. That means maybe you'll have to transform cups into mouses, transplant baby mandragoras or brew potions, among other things.

Spells. From the simple Nox and Lumos, to the legendary Wingardium Leviosa, and the more complex Expetrum Pattronum. Since spelling plays such an important part “It's leviOsa, not levioSA!" this will be a spell-it-out challenge. Perfect for using those quiet member books, and ensure that even slower readers can win points for the team.

IMPORTANT NOTE: These will be open for the entire challenge and can be done in no particular order. It will grant extra points for completion BUT it will also give negative points for lack of.
Example: Spelling LUMOS. Each letter is worth 5 points. Completion gives 10 points. Incomplete word, -1 point per missing letter.

Example 1: Incomplete Word:
L - Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer
U
M - Magic bites, Ilona Andrews
O
S - Stardust, Neil Gaiman

3 letters spelled: 3X5 = 15 points
2 letters missing: 2X (-1) = -2 points
Spell Total: 13 Points

Example 2: Complete Word:
L - Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer
U - Unwind, Neal Shusterman
M - Magic bites, Ilona Andrews
O - Oliver, Lauren - Delirium
S - Stardust, Neil Gaiman
5 letters spelled: 5X5 = 25 points
Completion bonus = 10 points
Spell Total: 35 Points
Check the team's spreadsheet for final point system

◈ Quidditch Tournament
Teams within same house will need to work together to select 7 players for the game. (3 chasers, 1 keeper, 2 beaters and 1 seeker). Each position will have specific rules and tasks to emulate a quidditch game. Is a speed challenge and it needs some planning and talking, and is quite dynamic.

Since we have 4 houses, there will be played 3 matches, that will last for a max of 2 weeks, or till the snitch is caught - whatever happens first.
Rules and points and game dates will have their designated folder. They will be posted soon. Stay Tuned.

◈ Tri-Wizard Tournament
Three daunting quest to be done in order.
Based on the real Tri-Wizard (both book and movie). For each quest each team can chose which champion path to choose, or not, it all depends on the quest at hand. Tournament will start on May 30th, and be open till the end of the challenge.

message 10: by Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited May 12, 2018 03:53PM) (new)

◈ Ordinary Wizarding Level (O.W.L.)
Highest number of books read by the end of the challenge

◈ Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test (N.E.W.T)
Highest number of points by the end of the challenge

◈ Hogwarts House Cup
Highest average of points of all teams belonging to a Hogwarts House by the end of the challenge

Each member of a house will earn positive and negative points. Then we'll average the points to see which house will win House Cup.
Example:
Hufflepuff (2 teams)
Cedric - 1000 points
Newt - 1200 points

Hufflepuff house points = (1000+1200)/2 = 1100

Ravenclaw (3 teams)
Luna - 1500 points
Grey Lady - 900 points
Cho - 450 points

Ravenclaw house points = (1500+900+450)/ 3 = 950
Hufflepuff wins.

◈ Hogwarts House Cup
House scoring higher at the end of the three Quidditch Matches

◈ Tri-Wizard Tournament Cup
Team with the most points won on the Tri-Wizard Tournament at the end of the challenge

message 11: by Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon (last edited May 28, 2018 04:12AM) (new)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments Classes

CHARMS

Classwork involves trying and practicing various charms. The Hogwarts Charms teacher is Professor Flitwick

Read Pairs of books that represent the Charm you are trying to master (Can be cover or title, but the pair must be both. So must be a title and a title ; or a cover and a cover for the pair)

Levitation Charm : is a charm used to make objects fly, or levitate
Book 1: Need a book with a car on the cover
Book 2: HP2?- Nikk/Karensome one else?

Cheering Charm : is a spell which makes a person happy. When the spell is overdone, it can cause the victim to be overcome with fits of hysterical laughter.

Book 1 : Cover of a face/person not smiling?
Book2: Cover with a face/person Laughing?

Mending Charm : also known as the Repairing Charm (Reparo), is a charm that can be used to seamlessly repair a broken object.

Book 1: something broken
Book2: Same Item Intact

Summoning Charm : is a charm that causes a target at a distance from the caster to levitate or fly over to them. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the casters mind, before trying to summon.
This spell is one of the oldest spells known to wizarding society

Book 1: Item away from person?
Book 2: same item being held by someone?

Banishing Charm :is the counter-charm to the Summoning Charm. As Accio summons objects to the caster, Depulso sends both objects and living things away from the caster.[3] Unlike the Summoning Charm, which can summon specific objects from anywhere, the Banishing Charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at.

Book 1: same item being held by someone?
Book 2: Item away from person?

Fire-Making Spell : also known as the Fire-Making Charm (Incendio) is a charm and a form of Conjuration, that can be used to conjure a jet of orange and red flame. Thereby this spell can be used to set things alight

Book 1: item on cover
Book 2: item on fire on cover?

Water-Making Spell : "The Water-Making Spell conjures clean, drinkable water from the end of the wand." The Water-Making Spell, also known as the Aguamenti Spell (Aguamenti) is a charm that conjures a jet of clear, pure water and shoots it from the tip of the caster's wand.

Book 1:
Book 2:

message 16: by Nicole (last edited May 20, 2018 07:50PM) (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments description

For current BOM discussions:
- Writing a day's worth of discussion questions = 40 points
- Participating in a current BOM (participating in discussion) = 20 points

BOMs can be seen on the front page of NBRC, or
here.

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi - started on 2 May 2018

Karen BOM May - DQs
Karen BOM May - Discussion
Nikk BOM May - Discussion
Lisa BOM May - DQs

Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly - starts on 16 May 2018

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli - starts on 2 June 2018

Red Sister by Mark Lawrence - starts on 16 June 2018

message 17: by Nicole (last edited May 16, 2018 07:23PM) (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments BUDDY READ

◈ Participating in a buddy read with a member from a different team, or with a member of NBRC who isn't on a Tower Team = 30 points
◈ Participating in a Harry Potter buddy read with a member from a different team, or with a member of NBRC who isn't on a Tower Team = 40 points

IBR - Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (Starts 27 May 2018)

IBR - Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (Starts 3 June 2018)

Buddy Read Requests 2018
Current List of Buddy Reads

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s (Sorcerer’s) Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

message 18: by Nicole (last edited May 27, 2018 07:39PM) (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments CLASS REQUIREMENTS

1. Defence Against the Dark Arts
Book 1: Mentions a Dark Art or a creature in the book.
Book 2: Title contains a way of defence.

2. Divination
⌘ 3 books where a character uses a fortuneteller/divination tools.
⌘ 3 books where a prophecy/vision is described/felt.
⌘ 3 books to be published (ARC/eARC)

3. Potions
⌘ Equipment - cover items
⌘ Ingredients - specific (as below);

Salamander blood - Read a mystery/thriller book where someone is murdered.
Lionfish spines - Read a skinny book (under 125 pages)
Flobberworm mucus - Read a book that contains the words worm or mucus, or is a bright green or yellow.
Honey water - Read a romance book with a body of water on the cover.
Boom berry juice - Read a cozy mystery book with berries or juice on the cover.

⌘ Potion Brewing - cover colours

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments Reserved

message 21: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1175 comments Hi everyone!

I'm a TT newbie, so not really sure what to expect of this challenge :)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments Hi Everyone and welcome to Tower Teams VI Team Luna Lovegood. My name is Nikk and I will be your Team captain for your time at Hogwarts and this thread will eb your common room.. By now you should have gotten your owl Mail and know to head here however I will round up any stragglers in a little while in case they are wandering outside having forgotten the password ( which is Xenophilius by the way) :-P

So some of you I already know and have played in teams with in various challenges like previous tower teams, cut throat or Uno whiles others are new friends to be :-)

So that we al get to know each other, may I please ask you all to past answers to the following questions

Name:
favourite book genres:
One book you are looking to read during this challenge
Favourite harry Potter book, movie and character

I will fill out the above reserved posts with relevant information over the next few days and I cannot wait to get started!

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments Name:Nikk
Kids/Pets: i have a 6 year old daughter, a cat called Jasper, a kitten called Charlie and a blue cattle dog named Katie
favourite book genres: paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, young adult, high fantasy
One book you are looking to read during this challenge: The Beast by J.R. Ward
Favourite harry Potter book, movie and character:

My favourite Harry Potter book is Prisoner of Askaban, my favourite HP movie is Harry potter and the Philosopher's stone. There is jst something reallymagical about that first movie and even now the Harry Potter Theme gives me tingles.
My favourite HP character is Ginny. I loved that she stayed beneath the radar in the first few books and the suddenly it was all about her in the last few :-)

message 24: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1175 comments Name: Tati
Pets: a corgi named Ollie, The Terror
Favorite Book Genres: Romance, Fantasy
Book that I'm looking forward to: haven't planned yet,
Favorite HP book, movie and character: The Prisoner of Azkaban (both book and movie). As for favorite character, I'll have to go with Minerva McGonnagall. Her dry humor had me laughing while reading the books

message 25: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (poweki) | 1580 comments I’m Kimberly. I’m so happy to be here! I love a Tower Challenge!

I live in Tasmania but am from California. :)

I’ll be travelling from this Sunday until the end of May so please forgive my lack of interaction in the first couple of weeks. I’ll keep my shelf updated though so if our captains can keep an eye on it, that would be wonderful.

What is the official start date?

message 26: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (poweki) | 1580 comments ...Luna is definitely my fave so, of course, I’m feeling lucky. :)

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments Welcome Tati and Kimberly!

Pretty sure start date is may 12 but I will give yoou exact starting time date etc a little later.

Kimberly where in Tassie are you. I have been to Hobart and Launceston and driven round some other parts and actually we nearly moved to Hobart about 5/6 years ago and still haven't completely ruled it out :-)

message 28: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (poweki) | 1580 comments Hobart! It’s so beautiful here. I’ve lived in Sydney before (northern beaches) but never really felt settled.

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments Hi All,

I'm also a newbie to TT. I'm looking forward to this! I'll be co-captaining with Nikk, so please forgive me if I mess up or make a mistake. Any and all suggestions are welcomed :)

Name: Nicole
Pets: 2 dogs - a miniature maltese and pekingnese
Favourite book genres: Romance - most sub genres, except historical.
One book you are looking to read during this challenge: Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata - it's one of my chunksters and I need a little push to start reading it.
Favourite Harry Potter:
Book: Half Blood Prince
Movie: Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
Character: Severus Snape - from book 1 he was my kind of guy! Just loved him!

message 30: by Alanna (new)

Alanna | 7 comments Name: Alanna
Kids/Pets: None
favourite book genres: Fantasy
One book you are looking to read during this challenge: That is an excellent question. I have about 150 books that I own and haven't read, about 125 of those are novels...
Favourite harry Potter book, movie and character: Book is Chamber of Secrets, movie is probably Goblet of Fire, and character is a toss-up between Hermione and Ginny Weasley.

message 31: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1646 comments Woo hoo thread opened while I've been sleeping - so set up my notification so I can come back :)

I have been on TT twice before - and some of you I know very well - the rest of you are new friends to get to know :)

Name: Sally
Kids/Pets: 3 grandchildren - no pets now as Hunter the bad beagle boy trotted over the rainbow bridge a few weeks back
favourite book genres: Most of them, except horror and westerns (unless a romance) - am more comfortable with romance, YA, fantasy and in the last year I've been introduced to space romances - blue aliens (with or without tails and horns) and humans - thanks Lisa ;)
One book you are looking to read during this challenge: The Art of Friendship by Lisa Ireland The Art of Friendship by Lisa Ireland - is 400 pages so have been hanging onto it for the TT as is a 40 pointer rather that the 20 pointers I usually read :)
Book? All of them.
Movie? Can never forget the magic of the first movie - very special.
Character? Snape - knew he was innocent, actually belonged to a Snape is innocent forum and made many long time friends on there.

message 32: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 09, 2018 04:22PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Hi everyone, Great to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Name: Lisa
Kids/Pets: Three kids and 3 and a half grandchildren.
Favourite book genres: I will read anything and everything from adverts on the sides of buses to corn flake packets. My first loves are anything of the romance variety including the above mentioned *space smut*, you're welcome Sally, LOL and huge historical fiction.
Book you are looking forward to in the challenge: Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd and buddy read.
Favourite Harry Potter Book: The Order of the Phoenix, love the Tri-Wizarding Challenge.
Favourite Characters: Ron Weasly, love a hero with red hair and Severus Snape, the bad boy who redeems himself another one of my favourite themes.

Looking forward to playing and reading with you all.

message 33: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited May 09, 2018 04:47PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14780 comments Mod
Good morning all!

Sorry for being late to the party. I'm a bit sick today and decided to stay in bed for a while.

I've been on GR since 2012, but I wasn't very active until I had my first child and then with all the feeding through the night I started to read and look at my GR groups a bit more. Then this thing called "Tower Teams" popped up and I had no idea what it was, but decided to give it ago... and well the rest is history I guess. Not long after that I became a mod here and I've been a part of all the team challenges since (although recently behind the scenes rather than a player).

Name: Karen
Kids/Pets : 2 boys. Turning 6 and 3 this year
favourite book genres: anything except horror, and I'm not a 'pure' romance reader
One book you are looking to read during this challenge: well I've signed up for 3 BRs so far! lol! But mostly I'm looking forward to The Count of Monte Cristo because it was on my list to read this year and I love reading chunksters with others during TT
Favourite harry Potter book, movie and character: This one is tough. I think my favourite book was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because that is when Harry et. al. start to grow up, the books get more complex, and I loved Sirius. Favourite character is probably Sirius. Or Snape. Or Longbottom. Or.... oh so many ;)

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments *space smut* - has got to be Ruby Dixon! I've read one or two books by her and those Ice Planet Barbarians were interesting to say the least ;)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Nicole wrote: "*space smut* - has got to be Ruby Dixon! I've read one or two books by her and those Ice Planet Barbarians were interesting to say the least ;)"

Haha, yes Nicole. And my other guilty pleasure is Evangeline Anderson's Brides of the Kindred. Very interesting indeed!

message 36: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 1834 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Haha, yes Nicole. And my other guilty pleasure is Evangeline Anderson's Brides of the Kindred. Very interesting indeed!"

I'll have to check it out :)

message 37: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1646 comments Nicole wrote: "*space smut* - has got to be Ruby Dixon! I've read one or two books by her and those Ice Planet Barbarians were interesting to say the least ;)"

I am working my way through them - love them!!!

message 38: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1646 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Haha, yes Nicole. And my other guilty pleasure is Evangeline Anderson's Brides of the Kindred. Very interesting indeed! .."

Haven't heard of theses - will have to check them out

message 39: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 24 comments Hi all!

This will be my first TT challenge - Really excited to get started.

Name:
Vanessa
Kids/Pets:
None
Favourite book genres:
Mystery, thriller, ya, chick lit, romance, paranormal
One book you are looking to read during this challenge:
Nothing specific at this point, but I'll read a few books in my TBR list with more than 400 pages.
Favourite Harry Potter book:
The Goblet of Fire
Favourite Harry Potter movie:
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Favourite Harry Potter characters:
Hermione, Sirius and Remus

message 40: by Elise (new)

Elise F (elise_literaryhabitat) Hey everyone!

Name: Elise
Kids/Pets: 1 x toy poodle (Charlie Brown) and 1 x moodle (Billy Bob). They are half-brothers and terribly naughty together.
Favourite book genres: Everything but romance.
One book you are looking to read during this challenge: I've had the screenplay of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them since maybe 2 Christmases ago?...finally going to read it.
HP Book : HP and the Order of the Phoenix - I love Grimmauld Place and that Harry gets to spend a bit of time with Sirius.
HP Movie: HP and the Goblet of Fire - I love the Yuletide ball!
Fave character/s: the Weasley twins. I still lol at some scenes...especially when they take on Umbridge.

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments Welcome every one. Can you believe ther is less than 26 hours till the challenge starts????

What is everyone planning to read as their first book for the challenge.

Realistically my first book will probably be Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs which I am reading for another challenge but I really want to start reading The Beast (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #14) by J.R. Ward this weekend also.

The spells are up here and I have pinned them in message 7 above where I will put all important links.

I am up and down to my daughter's school today as she has a whole slew of Mother's Day events today but in between. I am going to start putting us together a planning spreadsheet ( those that know know I like my spreadsheets LOL) this way we can plan out the spell outs and finish them there before committing them to the official spreadsheet it will also be usefll for planning other parts of the challenge. I will make that available to you all once i am satisfied it is usable and pretty enough :-P

have a great day everyone :-)

message 43: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited May 10, 2018 03:23PM) (new)

eek! one day to go.
So I need to finish my current books
Howards End by E.M. Forster and Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi .

Good news is that for that second one we get DQ points as I had to step in to cover someone who went MIA and I've been answering the DQs

I also can't believe I've never read Howards End before. I love it! I also recorded the latest mini series version recently which has Matthew McFadyen in it and I think he is awesome

message 44: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

yay! spreadsheets!

This is the first time I've chosen not to captain since TTII.
Coming off UNO and with my uni exams coming up I just couldn't commit. Plus this group gets very busy for mods during team challenges. So glad to have you as my captain Nikk!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments I watched Howard's End recently Karen. As you said, MM is good in anything. Good luck with those Uni Exams.

Awesome having a Spreadsheet genius to help us Spreadsheet challenged. Thanks so much Nikk and so looking forward to the challenge. I love Spell it Outs so hoping to be able to contribute there.

My first book will be Genesis (Will Trent, #3) by Karin Slaughter at a healthy 550 pages.

message 46: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1646 comments I have two books on the go - can I use them if I finish them after the start? I know The Pastor's Wife by Jennifer AlLee The Pastor's Wife will be finished way after as I am only on page one - is 226 pages

I then have The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth The Family Next Door - 352 pages to read, as well as Mallee Boys by Charlie Archbold Mallee Boys which is 205 pages.

message 47: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1175 comments I've got a couple of books to finish before I can start for TT. No Clue yet what I'll be reading, it'll depende on my other challenges

message 48: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Hey Sally,
no, only books STARTED after the challenge count.

I also need to read that Sally Hepworth and I was going to go to the BR thread and hope that someone will chat to me about it and give us points for the BR too. LOL
The thread is here

message 49: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited May 10, 2018 07:26PM) (new)

BUDDY READS

Speaking of buddy reads, they are a great way to get extra points in Tower Teams. There are loads happening and the mods are keeping a spreadsheet here as an easy way for you to find a book during TT that you may like to read with others.
Just follow the "thread" link and start chatting with the fellow readers!

I am going to do:
- HP series (not sure how many I will re-read, but I'll see how we go)
- Kate Daniels series (re-read. I'm up to book 8 but it has been ages so I figure I will re-read them)
- Every Heart a Doorway
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Sarum: The Novel of England
- A Wizard of Earthsea

message 50: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1175 comments I could try to do Sarum too

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29