Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please merge these two into one

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cari (new)

Cari Silverwood (carisilverwood) | 112 comments Could these be turned into one book please and the temporary cover deleted.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

The author order should be the order on the cover.

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited May 07, 2018 03:53PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23430 comments Combined the editions, but one is a kindle on Amazon, the other a different ebook with an ISBN. We are required to match ISBN/ASINs to add a cover, so would need to see the new cover with ISBN on a publisher or author's site, unless the first-listed author is going to add it. We can remove the temp. cover in that case--I just don't want to leave it with no cover at all.

message 3: by Cari (new)

Cari Silverwood (carisilverwood) | 112 comments I could put the cover on my website with a link but it is exactly the same. The author who uploaded to amazon forgot to use the isbn , I’d say.
Two editions is okay anyway.

Do you still need a separate cover image link?

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23430 comments We can't copy a cover from one edition to another, because of the need to match ISBNs, so yes we need a link. Amazon only lists their own kindle ebooks, so other ebooks don't show up there.

message 5: by Cari (new)

Cari Silverwood (carisilverwood) | 112 comments It's not actually published anywhere else except Amazon.
The ARC for review did have that isbn inside, so does the Amazon edition, if you look inside. Currently the look inside feature isn't functioning though.

This is the image link

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23430 comments Hmm, if it's only available as a kindle we probably can merge them. Meanwhile, I've added the cover, thanks.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45482 comments Mod
Abcdarian wrote: "Hmm, if it's only available as a kindle we probably can merge them."

Not if it was distributed as an ebook ARC with that ISBN.

message 8: by Cari (new)

Cari Silverwood (carisilverwood) | 112 comments Whichever you decide is correct.
Thanks!