Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VI > Team Hermione Granger

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,697 (1697 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 15, 2018 05:39PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31614 comments Mod
 photo 33A977FC-5F83-4E30-8452-85F545D228CB_zps854tp0bt.jpeg

Eni (Captain)
Sonia (Co-Captain)
Steven White (Co-Captain)
Elen
Claire
Teddie
Clarkepo
Nikki
Vicki Evans
Lauri Saplad
Erin (Proud Book Hoarder)
Cecily Black
Sarah
Rachel
Kristina

NeonHippie

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 6: by Eni (last edited May 28, 2018 10:09AM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments              

Duration: almost 12 weeks. Beginning May 12th and ending July 31rst.

Important Links:
     All About Tower Teams VI
      Owl Mail (Event Notice Board)
      Let's Play Quidditch
     Spells
     The Leaky Cauldron

Books Read Thread
     Hermione Granger Official Spreadsheet
     Planning Spreadsheet
     Ranking

Other Gryffindor Teams:
      Ginny Weasley
      Minerva McGonagall
      Remus Lupin

Team Members:
     ✔ Eni (Captain) - ttvi-2018
     ✔ Sonia (co-captain) - ttvi‎
     ✔ Steven (co-captain) - tt6-hoggy-hoggy-hogwarts
     ✔ Elen - tower-teams-vi-2018
     ✔ ✿ Claire ✿ ~ The Clever Berry - challenge-hp-towerteam‎
     ✔ Teddie - ttvi-2018
     ✔ Nikki - tower-teams-vi‎
     ✔ Vicki - tower-teams-vi-2018‎
     ✔ Lauri Saplad - nbrc-tower-teams-2018‎
     ✔ Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* - team-towers-vi‎
     ✔ Cecily Kyle - towers-vi‎

message 7: by Eni (last edited May 10, 2018 10:17AM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments              

⌘ Countdown until the challenge start is here.

Time Zones

Lisbon     Saturday 0:00 AM
     EST              Friday 7:00 PM
     CST              Friday 6:00 PM
     MST             Friday 5:00 PM
     PST              Friday 4:00 PM

message 8: by Eni (last edited May 10, 2018 11:11AM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments
For reading books

Pages        Points
     100 - 160       5
     161 - 350     20
     351 - 500     40
     501 - 650     60
     651 - 800     80
     801 - 900   100
     901+           130

For Tasks

Tasks                   Points
     BOM DQs               40
     BOM Discussion    20
     Buddy Read*           30
     HP Buddy Read*     40

* All Buddy Reads must be done with a member from another team or a non participating member from NBRC for the points to count

Classes and Spells
     Spells: titles, series names, authors (first or last names), main or secondary characters (first or last names, and also nicknames).

Type                                  P p letter        P p word       P p missing letter
     Spells                                       2                           5                    -1
     Obscure Spells                        5                        10                    -2
     Unforgivable Curses             10                        20                    -5

Ordinary Wizarding Level (O.W.L.)
     Highest number of books read by the end of the challenge
Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test (N.E.W.T)
     Highest number of points by the end of the challenge
Hogwarts House Cup
     Highest average of points of all teams belonging to a Hogwarts House by the end of the challenge
Quidditch Cup
     House scoring higher at the end of the three Quidditch Matches
Tri-Wizard Tournament Cup
     Team with the most points won on the Tri-Wizard Tournament at the end of the challenge

message 9: by Eni (last edited May 07, 2018 07:30PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments Bethany wrote: "
Pages-Per-Point Guide

The lower the number of pages per point, the faster you can theoretically accumulate points. This will help you get an idea of the points per page for each tier of pages.

Pages | Pages Per Point

100 | 20
160 | 32

161 | 8.05
350 | 17.5

351 | 8.775
500 | 12.5

501 | 8.35
650 | 10.8

651 | 8.14
800 | 10

801 | 8.01
900 | 9

901 | 6.93

The Advantage of Books at the Bottom of Tiers
The closer a page count is to the bottom of a tier, the fewer pages to read in order to get one point. This difference is more pronounced in the lower tiers. In general, lower end of the tier is better.

The Advantage of Short Books
Short books are psychologically easier to get through. Even if you don't like it, a short book can be easier to push through and finish. If you decide not to finish a short book, it is overall a lower potential loss of reading time and points. I might finish five 100 page books more quickly than one 500 page book, simply because each book is less daunting and the sense of progress is less ponderous.

The Advantage of Long Books
Long books tend to have a lower number of pages required to earn a point. In higher page number books, books at the top of that page tier aren't as drastically different from the lower part of the range in their pages-per-point ratio than lower tiers. Finishing a long book gives us a lot of points, and can be really satisfying.

The Advantage of Totally Ignoring Page Numbers
If you don't go for books based on what you enjoy or what you feel like reading, you'll probably read slower. So read books that YOU are really excited about, and maybe let the considerations of page number influence you if you can't decide."

message 10: by Eni (last edited May 07, 2018 07:27PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments                                     Classes

message 11: by Eni (last edited May 07, 2018 07:26PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments                      Quidditch Tournament

Each round lasts 2 weeks or until the snitch is caught

QUIDDITCH THREAD

Round 1:

Team:
Chasers
            ❂
            ❂
Keeper  ❂
Beaters ❂
           ❂
Seeker  ❂

message 12: by Eni (last edited May 07, 2018 07:26PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments                      Tri-Wizard Tournament

Tournament will be from May 30th till July 31rst.

message 13: by Eni (last edited May 21, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments BOMs:

⋗⋖ May BOMs ⋗⋖

Children of Blood and Bone, by Tomi Adeyemi (Young Adult Fantasy BOM) - May 2, 2018

Lilac Girls, by Martha Hall Kelly (Adult Ficton or Non Fiction BOM) - Start Date May 16, 2018

⋗⋖ June BOMs ⋗⋖

Leah on the Offbeat, Becky Albertalli (Young Adult BOM) - June 2, 2018

Red Sister, by Mark Lawrence (Adult Sci-fi/Fantasy BOM) - Start Date June 16, 2018

⋗⋖ July BOMs ⋗⋖

Buddy Reads:

Buddy Read Requests 2018
      Current List of Buddy Reads

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone
           Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
           Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
           Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
           Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
           Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
           Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

message 14: by Eni (last edited May 08, 2018 05:39PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments                            

Hello fellow Hermione Grangerians!

This section is going to have useful information regarding the challenge we are about to endure. If you have played Tower Teams before, you can probably skip ahead. If you haven't played before please read on :)

Tower Teams is a team challenge where you are asked to read as much as you can and usually has some mini-challenges and fun themes to go with it.
It will start on the 12th of May so

**NO books may be STARTED for Tower Teams until May 12th**

There will be several games during Tower Teams VI.
     Attending classes and learning spells - we will have several class incantations that we will need to spell-it-out in order to gain points
     Quidditch Tournament - there will only be 7 players on each round, from each house. Also this is a speed challenge.
     Tri-Wizard Tournament - will start on the 30th of May and will consist of 3 daunting quests.
     BOM discussions
     Buddy Reads

⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗⋖ ⋗
Hermione Granger's Captain/Co-Captain's Availability:
      Captain - Eni. Timezone GMT+1 (same as London, UK). Available everyday after 10pm.
      Co-captain - Sonia. Timezone GMT+1 (same as London, UK). Available "around 9 , lunch hour, and before I leave work at 6. And a little at night if I don't pass out LOL"
      Co-captain - Steven. Timezone UTC -4 (USA). Available XXXXXX.

We are also always available through pm, so feel free to message us with any concerns/doubts/requests you have.

**Before posting any questions, please read the RULES**

If after reading the rules you still have questions, please follow the communication chain:

**Member --> Team Captain/Co-captains --> Mods**

This means that you can´t go over the captains/co-captains directly to the mods. The mods will be busy running and organizing the game and they can't answer every participating member's question.

If your profile is set to private, make sure you are friends with Moderators of NBRC and your captain/co-captains so that your books can be properly tracked on the spreadsheet.

Reporting Books Read
When posting a complete book, please let us know the following:
     Book Title
     Date read
     Number of pages
     if it is a BOM, did you write questions or just participated, and link to comment
     Character Names

Last recomendation - HAVE FUN :)

message 15: by Eni (last edited May 10, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments Helpful Hints:

⚑ For Cover Color Tasks
          Tin Eye Color Extract
          Color Extract

⚑ For Word Count
          100 pages or 25,000 words is the minimum
          Arbook find

⚑ Posting a link
          Option 1 - type < a href="insert link here"> my link text< /a> without the space before the first a, without the space before "my" and without the space before /a
          Option 2 - when you are writing a post, there's a small button over your comment box that says (some html is ok). Click there, select and copy the option that says link, paste it on your comment box and alter it.

⚑ Posting a picture on GR
          First you will need an image uploader. There are tons of them online. At this moment i use imgur. You register for an account and then find the button that says images or add images and start adding stuff :)
          After having the image uploader set up and an image uploaded you will have a screen similar to this:
(view spoiler)
          copy the direct link and paste it in your comments with the code
          < img src="insert link here" width="40" height="100" alt="description"/>
          without the space before the first i. The width and height, you can use it and tweak with the pic's size or you can just remove it all together. Same for the description. So a simpler version would look like:
          < img src="insert link here"/>
          without the space before the first i.

message 16: by Steven (last edited Jun 29, 2018 05:47AM) (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments Remaining Spell Letters:
(Please note that not all books read have been used yet, and some can and will apply to these spell letters... we're holding off to see what the Triwizard Tournament entails before using all our read books!)

10 A
1 B
6 C
1 D
9 E
2 F
1 G
8 L
6 M
7 N
11 O
6 P
9 R
7 S
10 T
1 V
1 W
2 X

message 17: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments Reserved!

message 18: by Steven (new)

message 19: by Steven (new)

message 20: by Steven (new)

message 21: by Elen (last edited May 08, 2018 06:19AM) (new)

Elen | 1110 comments Hello everyone! I'm checking in and also, I'm very excited for this challenge/game to start!

Little introduction:
My name is Elen, 22 y/o and I'm from Tallinn, Estonia. Currently, I'm a uni student studying Genetic engineering. Next month, I'm going to graduate and get my BSc. From September I will be studying in MSc.
I've been the biggest bookworm since I was little and will always be one. I love it. :D I'm so excited to read books with you all. It's my first time participating in the TT team challenge.
Favorite genres: YA, horror, crime, dystopian, fantasy, science fiction etc. I'm open-minded to try new genres.
I read books in English, Estonian and sometimes in Russian.
Also, I love to listen to music and watch TV shows/movies.

PS! I won't be too active in end of the May and at the beginning of June. Bc of final exams, writing and defending the graduation thesis. But after that, I am free as *house-elf Dobby* :D

message 22: by Teddie (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1456 comments Checking in!

Hi Team! I LOVE that I'm on team Hermione :) Herminone appears a more natural Ravenclaw on the outside, but she has a big dash of daring that makes her fit right into Gryffindor. (I could use a touch more of that myself ;) )

I'm looking forward to the spells and Quiddich and all the fun that is going on with this year's TT!

message 23: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments Hi Elen and welcome! :)

I'm Steven, 34 y/o from North Carolina in the US. I'm a (boring) financial analyst with a passion for books, video games, tv shows, movies, and animals. My husband and I have three fur babies - two dogs (Daphne and Albus) and a cat (Kalli).

I've been in every tower teams except the first one (Is that right, Sonia? we met in TT2?)

I love Urban Fantasy, Horror, Mystery/Thriller, some YA, some Sci-Fi, some regular fantasy, and occasionally romance (usually of the MM variety).

Heads up to everyone, my main focus will probably be to contribute to the classes and the Triwizard as much as I can. I'm not really into Quidditch -- you'd probably find me reading in the stands or the library during a big match! :P

message 24: by Steven (last edited May 08, 2018 06:36AM) (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments Welcome, Teddie! :) I love being on Hermione too! I'm a Ravenclaw myself, but Hermione is my favorite. :)

I think Hermione is a Ravenclaw, Harry is a Slytherin, and Ron is Hufflepuff-ish (not really the hard work part - at least when it comes to schoolwork!)... and the hat knew just where to put them all together to save the world :)

message 25: by Teddie (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1456 comments Steven wrote: "Welcome, Teddie! :) I love being on Hermione too! I'm a Ravenclaw myself, but Hermione is my favorite. :)

I think Hermione is a Ravenclaw, Harry is a Slytherin, and Ron is Hufflepuff-ish (not real..."

Yes, I'm Ravenclaw on Pottermore myself - lol. But Hermione's my hero so...

message 26: by Elen (new)

Elen | 1110 comments Hei Teddie and Steven!

I love being on the team Hermione. I am a mix of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. My nickname in school was *drum roll* Hermione. Proud Potterhead :D

message 27: by Nikki (last edited May 08, 2018 07:32AM) (new)

Nikki (levistorm) | 46 comments Checking in!

Hello everyone!
My name is Nikki, I'm 23 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. Currently not going to school, though I got my degree in interior design and will be going to art school in September, where I will start my Design study.

I absolutely love reading - but I'm pretty sure everyone here does haha - and have been since I was really little. I've had some big reading slumps though, but at the beginning of this year I participated in the UNO reading challenge where I finally got my drive to read again back, so I'm super thrilled to start this challenge. It's my first time participating in the Tower Teams but I hope I'll get the hang of it very soon.
Other things I love is drawing, 3D modelling, binge-watching literally every tvshow there is and my two cats, Viggo and Levi. Viggo as in the lovely actor who played Aragorn in LOTR, you all probably know him lol.

I'm a Ravenclaw at heart - I mean, even my patronus, wand and US house are all bird related - but I see Hermione as a secret Ravenclaw as well so I'm really happy to be a part of this team and I'm excited to get to know all of you!

message 28: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments NIKKI! My wand and Ilvermorny house are bird related as well. Somehow, sadly, my patronus ended up a Ragdoll Cat which isn't bird related... beyond that cats eat birds LOL

message 29: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (levistorm) | 46 comments 😂😂 in some cruel-ish way it does count haha. Though Ragdolls are super adorable, so having one of those as a patronus is pretty awesome too!

message 30: by Teddie (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1456 comments My patronus is the Mastiff - woof!

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1701 comments Hey everyone! I am so happy and excited and (I must admit) intimidated to be on Team Hermione and participating in my FIRST Towers Challenge.

I'll start off by saying I'm SO impressed with our Captain, Eni. My goodness you are sure well-organized and I am sure that will help me! And Steven, it's also evident that you're going to make a great co-captain! I feel better already.

About myself...I am not a Harry Potter guru...sorry! But I have read all but 1 book (I think) and I loved them all. My intimidation factor comes from knowing how much true HP aficionados seem to know the ins-in-outs of the books and I am lucky to remember anything. Yes, I have a terrible memory.

I am a retired high school teacher, as of May 2017. I taught English at the high school level for 25 years. Now that I'm retired I have (theoretically) a lot more time to read; however, I am traveling a lot! I recently went to Oceanside, California (USA), which is the state I live in but Oceanside is about 400 miles from me. I just went to Florida April 19-26 and got to visit all 3 of my siblings, my 3 nieces and nephews, and a bunch of great nieces and nephews for my sisters 70th birthday. I got a FREE trip to Hawaii as part of my sister's gift from her 4 children. LUCKY ME!

The end of May we (husband and I) are going to Yellowstone National Park for our first time. Then I have trips planned this summer to go to Oregon, Big Bear, Indio, Oceanside (yes, again!), Colorado for the BOOK BONANZA put on by Colleen Hoover (I WON the trip!!! Free airfare and hotel) where over 120 authors will be there for signing! By any chance is anyone else going? Then my husband and I are taking one of our TWENTY grandchildren to Coral Baja, Mexico. And last, if Kauai is still open in August after its flood, my sister and I are going to Kauai!

I have 5 children (all grown), 20 full-blood grandchildren (ages 6 weeks to 23), and I am expecting my 3rd GREAT grandchild in 3 days and another GREAT in October. I am SO blessed!! So my retirement is spent mostly reading, time with family, and traveling.

I am also a huge dog-lover. We had 3 but Buddy (best dog ever) died a few years ago. Now we have Rocky (part border collie, part lab), and Jazzmine (full blood bichon frise). I love my dogs! Steven, as a side note to you, I have a great niece named Kalli (Kalli Rose) who is a little over 1 year old.

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you. The one person I thought I new is not the same person (Claire). So I know no one, but I love making new friends.

message 32: by Elen (last edited May 08, 2018 08:41AM) (new)

Elen | 1110 comments My patronus is Black Swan - a bird too :D

Welcome, Vicki :)

Don't worry about not knowing anyone. I know only Nikki from UNO challenge. But the best part of team challenges are becoming friend with all of you teammates :D

EDIT: I looked up and my Ilvermorny House is Thunderbird.
Some bird theme is going on.... Is it a hint for something.... ummm

message 33: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments Glad to have you aboard, Vicki! Don't worry, we're all a little intimidated for our first Tower Teams Challenge, but once it starts, we get the hang of it quick. It's mostly just READ READ READ and let the captains place books where they'll count for the most points!

In the past, there were some super complicated TT challenges involving cupcakes and extra book points and phew, did it get crazy! We all had fun, but I think the mods swore that no matter how complicated they made future ones, they'd never make it that complicated again.

I've been a captain or co-captain many times, so I appreciate the compliment! And I love that your great niece is named Kalli! My grandmother named my cat, as it was born on her farm with a littler of 5 others, and it's not very original. She's a long haired calico! LOL

I know Erin and Claire and have played with them before or interacted outside of Tower Teams, and of course, Sonia is my Portuguese pen pal for what, five or six years now??? And Eni is her sister! :)

Glad to know quite a few of you, and excited to get to know the rest!

message 34: by Eni (new)

Eni | 2183 comments Just a quick heads up while I'm on my way to pick my little one up (and terribly late as usual)

Please make sure your shelves are correct and let me know if you plan on changing the name of it. Also for those who don't have a shelf, please make one and post the link or name.
If you don't know how, let us know and we'll help you.

I'll be back later after the little one's bedtime.
In the meantime go ahead and post pics of your wonderful fur babies! :)

Wellcome to the team!

message 35: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10631 comments Hi you all!!!

Work has been uber busy this week... between that and the mile long to-do list for towers, I have no clue if all my brain cells will survive. LOL

And Steven, memory does play tricks on us. Cupcakes were not as bad.... I can think of a few complicated stuff we had in other team challenges *cough* wobble *cough*

Anyway, I'm Sonia, playing co-captain this time :o)

*waves*

I might not be too present on the front this next couple of weeks, lots of setups to do, but after that I'll be more active as a team-member

Anyway.... I'm usually around during the day, depending on how busy work is. I always check in the morning around 9 , lunch hour, and before I leave work at 6 (GMT+1 time). And a little at night if I don't pass out LOL

message 36: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10631 comments Steven wrote: "Sonia is my Portuguese pen pal for what, five or six years now??? "

Since tower teams I, back in 2013. So 5 :o)

message 37: by Elen (new)

Elen | 1110 comments Eni - my shelf is correct and I don't plan to rename it. from my side It's all good :)

message 38: by Teddie (last edited May 08, 2018 04:03PM) (new)

Teddie (teddieg) | 1456 comments Vicki wrote: "Hey everyone! I am so happy and excited and (I must admit) intimidated to be on Team Hermione and participating in my FIRST Towers Challenge. ..."

Sounds like you have an amazing summer planned Vicki - so cool about winning the trip to Book Bonanza! That's quite an authors list of attendees!

message 39: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments Sonia wrote: "And Steven, memory does play tricks on us. Cupcakes were not as bad.... I can think of a few complicated stuff we had in other team challenges *cough* wobble *cough*."

Well, we were talking about Tower Teams, and Wobble wasn't a Tower Teams :P

message 40: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1701 comments Teddie wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Hey everyone! I am so happy and excited and (I must admit) intimidated to be on Team Hermione and participating in my FIRST Towers Challenge. ..."

Sounds like you have an amazing sum..."

Thank you, Teddie, and I definitely should have a blast this summer!

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1701 comments Steven wrote: "Glad to have you aboard, Vicki! Don't worry, we're all a little intimidated for our first Tower Teams Challenge, but once it starts, we get the hang of it quick. It's mostly just READ READ READ and..."

Wow! I love how relationships can build on GR. I don't know for sure if that's how you met everyone you know in this group, but it's sure a small world.

How did you and Sonia become pen pals? That's just wonderful and sounds so interesting and fun. And Eni is her sister? Do you also "know" Eni?

I believe in building friendships/relationships online. I have met one GR online friend in person after knowing her online for about 6 years. It was awesome! And I met my husband online (not in a dating website!) when I got my first computer in 1999 and have now been married for 20 years as of this June 25. :) He had no children when we got married, but married a woman (me) with 8 grandchildren and now we have 20. LOL

I'm not a cat lover because my aunt had a mean alley cat, really mean, and I've been pretty much afraid of them since I was little. My parents only had dogs so that's my favorite animal, which reminds me. My patronus is DOG. I guess it works, but I discovered that by doing an online "quiz" so I assume that works.

message 42: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 3800 comments Hey guys !

I'm so happy to be placed in the Hermione team with you all! I'm glad to see some familiar faces and I'm excited to meet some new friends, too!

For those who don't know me yet, my name is Claire. I'm 24. I'm currently in my last year at university. I'm majoring in Languages and Literatures, focusing on English and Italian. I have no idea what I will be doing next. I guess we'll see.
Right now, I'm busy preparing for my exams and I'm also writing my master thesis... So I'm sorry to say I will probably not read as much as the last years, but I'll do my best of course.

According to Pottermore (and various other not so reliable tests) I'm a Ravenclaw. But I believe, like some of you, that Hermione is somewhat a Ravenclaw too. btw, I'm so happy to be in her team as she's one of my favorite characters.
My patronus is a Siberian cats. While I would have liked something more exotic, I'm fairly happy with it. You could say I'm a crazy cat lady in the making, anyway.
My Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird.

Bookwise I read a lot of YA, fantasy, Urban Fantasy and some romance (mostly MM). Lately I've tried to branch out a little, so I try to read a little bit of everything. It really depends on my mood.

message 43: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4947 comments I got put on Sonia's team on Tower Teams 1, way back in the day. :)

I have talked to Eni occasionally, but Sonia and I talk multiple times a week, off and on all day. In fact, I probably talk to her more often than anyone other than my husband and my co-workers! All thanks to GR!

If you want to check your "official" patronus (and House, etc), you can take the official one at the official Harry Potter website, Pottermore.com :)

message 44: by Elen (last edited May 08, 2018 02:14PM) (new)

Elen | 1110 comments Was anyone watching Eurovision Song Contest semi-final? :)
Are you happy with the results?

message 45: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1861 comments Hello from Team Lockhart!

I watched the esc semifinals today - I'm just glad Austria went through bc that's where I live x) and I'm also suuuuper happy for /about Ireland and Israel!!!

message 46: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1861 comments Who were your favourites, Elen?

message 47: by Vicki (last edited May 08, 2018 08:56PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1701 comments Elen, I’ve never heard of that show, probably because I live in the USA.

Steven, thank you, I’ll take that test and use whatever it says. Lol

message 48: by Eni (last edited May 08, 2018 06:27PM) (new)

Eni | 2183 comments Hi everyone (again xD) *waves*

i'm a 33 year old single mom and i live with my sister Sonia and my little 5 year old munchkin. We have 3 cats (because clearly one wasn't enough and we didn't think this through cause kittens are adorable and we just had to have them!) and currently i'm staying home.
Our oldest cat is simba.. he is about 11 years old. He was sick in this picture :( he is great now and with a bit more weight lol

And these are our kittens. Well they are almost 1 year old now. This pic was taken a month or so after they came home with us. They are bigger now. Grey one is Kion and the other one is Kiara. Which in case you don't know are Simba's (the lion king) children :p

For as long as i can remember, I've loved to read and to play video games. I'm not a fast reader and i don't read the classics or those really intellectual books. I like to read horror, urban fantasy, dystopian, young adult, some fantasy, some science fiction and a bit of paranormal romance (not much because romance isn't my thing).

As for my house on pottermore, i'm in Ravenclaw xD, my patronus is a mink and my ilvermorny house is thunderbird xD
My fav Harry Potter character was Lupin.. and of course Hedwig :D i think Lupin was one of my first book crushes.

Vicki i'm so jealous of your summer! I really love to travel, but sadly i can't do so at this point in my life :( Also I've met a bunch of friends online, but mostly through gaming. I think Steven is the one i talk to the most here on goodreads.. and we don't really talk that much xD

message 49: by Eni (new)

Eni | 2183 comments Elen wrote: "Was anyone watching Eurovision Song Contest semi-final? :)
Are you happy with the results?"

we haven't watched that in years.. probably over 10 years :/ i know last year Portugal ended up in a good position or something like that but that is as much as i know xD

message 50: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1861 comments Portugal won last year which means IT'S HAPPENING, RIGHT NOW, IN YOUR COUNTRY!! lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34