2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Murder on Mulberry Bend

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Frank now realizes he’s in love with Sarah and has information about her husband’s murder that will potentially crush her. His plan to never see her again isn’t going to happen but how do you think he’ll proceed with Tom’s murder? Will Sarah consider adopting Aggie?

Phrynne | 605 comments Sarah may adopt Aggie or she may find her a good home. At some point Frank will tell Sarah about the murder but it won't be yet.

I think Frank will bide his time with the information about Felix Decker. That’s pretty explosive and he needs to continue investigating. And, he’s going to find some excuse to see Sarah at will.

Sarah and Aggie have already bonded. I’m not sure she can let go.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I agree with both of you on both Aggie's connection to Sarah and Frank's information about Sarah's father.

Looking far into the future, I can imagine Frank and Sarah raising Bryan and Aggie together, with acceptance all around. I will watch to see whether I get this right!

Ah, the romance;)

Phrynne | 605 comments How are you going to dispose of Frank's mother Charlene? She would get in the way of family bliss I think;)

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I think Frank will want to find out more about Mr. Decker possibly killing his son-in-law before blurting it out to Sarah. Frank can't just run him into the police station and beat the truth out of this guy. He has to get a lot more proof before making a move.

I can see Sarah either finding a new home for Aggie or taking her home to live with her on Bank Street. Maybe there will be a mystery about what happened to Aggie's parents. I don't remember if it was mentioned in the book.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Phrynne wrote: "How are you going to dispose of Frank's mother Charlene? She would get in the way of family bliss I think;)"

I think Mrs. Malloy will have to stick around to look after Brian (and maybe Aggie) when Sarah and Frank get together. Sarah isn't going to want to give up being a midwife and leaving her home at odd hours.

message 9: by Lauren (last edited May 22, 2018 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I have my doubts that Sarah's father killed Tom - this explanation is far too simplistic and there is more to it than meets the eye.

The person who killed him seemed to blame Tom for something that happened to his daughter but Tom said he saved her. This doesn't fit Maggie who died in child birth or Sarah who Tom married.

Malloy's plan is, quite frankly, ridiculous. There is no way he can stay away from Sarah.

I agree that Sarah has bonded with Aggie and I don't think this is the last we've seen of her.